Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Wow.. it has been a while since I have been on here! How very busy life gets! I have been totally wrapped up in cookouts, birthday parties, planning Auntie Ju-Ju's baby shower and much much more!

The girls ended up having a nasty virus last week sending us into quite the tizzy. Miss Hannah was able to fend it off fairly quickly, however, Layla Grayce got it and got it good. 103 fever for 5 days and a cough that would scare the lights out of you! The poor thing was so uncomfortable and just so sick! Finally today, 8 days later, I feel as though she is starting to get back to her happy baby self!

As for Hannah, I am not quite sure what is going on with her. I heard that the 4's could be tough, but I was certain it wasnt going to be for us. She has started with such a bit of an attitude lately and I am not sure where it is all coming from. We have been trying desperately to get her on a schedule and make sure she is getting the appropriate amount of sleep and whatnot and I think it is her way of resisting maybe? For some reason I didnt really put my foot down with a routine for Hannah when she was born and for most of her 4 years of life. She was such a sick baby that we kind of just went with everything. Lately, I have been really trying to fix some of the parenting that we did wrong and cut back on all the sugary substances she consumes and getting her in bed so that she gets the right amount of sleep. I sometimes feel like I am hitting my head against the wall because I find it very difficult to get everyone on board with me. Han is just not a kid that can consume sugar. Be it in juice or sweets. The tiniest bit can set our nighttime routine off as she turns into this crazy kid bouncing all over the place! I really hope that Billy and I can get a grip on this! Our intention is not to make the kid's childhood miserable, rather do what is best for her.

Layla on the other hand is not eating ANYTHING lately and is perfectly content nursing and having her bottles? RANDOM? I think she might finally be cutting a top tooth? This could definitely be causing her appetite to be off.

I am going to see what I have in my camera to post as pictures.. it has been so long that I cant remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment