Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hannah's first day of Preschool

Can you believe it? My little bean has embarked on a major milestone.. Preschool! I am still in awe that 4 extremely short years have flown by and there we stood today, with Hannah in her adorable dress (Courtesy of Auntie Jill) and new shoes from Grammy, on her first day of school. I was such a mix of emotions! I am so excited for Hannah to begin her new school as was she. Yet, of course, there was that pit in my stomach saying.."You're baby is growing up!"

She did wonderfully (As did I.. I saved the tears for the car!). She went right in, found her cubby, put her name on the board and began to play. I really think that this school is going to be a wonderful experience for Hannah. I can't say enough about how impressed I am with the school and the teachers. I know in my heart that this is the best place for Hannah and I am just as excited as she is to begin this new routine.

She has already made some new friends. Jake (Kerri Cavanaugh's son, who is the most beautiful little boy I have ever seen!), Diana, Brenna and Dimitri. Yesterday's orientation was a great way to begin this new school year and a great way for Hannah to meet her new friends. She made crafts, played in the sand box (which she insisted that the sand was stolen from Matunuck Beach!), played with the doll house, pretend cook in the kitchen and had no problems dropping her pants to go tinkles on the little toilet! Yesterday certainly gave me that sense of relief in knowing that this definitely was the place for Hannah.

Last but not least I can't tell you how much it means to me to have Han at a Catholic School. She is so intrigued by Jesus and wants to learn so much more and I love to hear her talk about all the facets of the Lord. One of her favorite books is a prayer book and she often asks me to read it at night. She has also learned quite quickly at a young age how to pray and the appropriate things to pray for. If we miss a night of prayers, the first thing out of her mouth is "OH NO.. we forgot to say our prayers for Mason!" Mason is Lindsay Cavanaugh Kelley's son who is battling a form of Leukemia and is thankfully feeling well at this point in time. Although they have never met, Han enjoys looking at pictures of him and hearing all about his good progress reports!

So all in all it was a good morning. I cant wait to pick her up and hear all about her first day! I am sure I will have plenty to post come the next few days!



No comments:

Post a Comment