Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Hannah's School Update

Well I guess I should have known better. All this time we all keep saying how much Han looks and acts like Billy..yet unfortunately, she seems to have gotten my recipe for the big occasion disasters! Growing up it seemed as though I was always sick. From strep to mono to diseases you've never heard of before, I had it all and I always seemed to get them right before a big event! (My poor parents!) . Yesterday I went to pick up Hannah at school and I waited outside with the other parents for the door to open. When it finally did, there was Han, 2nd in line.. her face beat red and she was crying. My heart sank. I kept saying to myself, "Please tell me she's crying because she doesnt want to leave.. please tell me she's crying because she doesnt want to leave." Yet, just looking at her I knew this wasnt the case. I ran and pulled her out of line and the poor thing was sobbing. She was burning up and couldnt stop crying. The teacher leaned over and said that she had fallen asleep on the lunch table and at nap time. Right then I knew.. this kid was sick. I dont blame the teachers for not calling me. How were they to know that Hannah does not EVER take naps? It was her first day. They are probably thinking..Hey look at this kid.. she's going to be easy.. she just wants to sleep... Little do they know!

I can't lie, I did sort of know something was going on yesterday morning as she felt warm. Yet, Billy and I decided to give her some Tylenol and send her, knowing that there was no way she wanted to miss her first day. After taking her home from school and checking her temp which was 104.1, I felt like the worst Mom on the planet. In hindsight, maybe it wasnt the best decision, but with Hannah you never know. You just never know! Again, unfortunately, she did get something from her mommy!

So today we are staying home and getting her better so that she can hopefully make it to school tomorrow. She is in much better spirits and her fever is now low grade. I am praying that Layla doesnt get whatever it is because we have a big weekend coming up with cousin Amy's wedding! I am bummed because we were supposed to spend time with Cousin Arielle today too, but we didnt want to take the chance in getting her sick! Auntie Le Le is getting ready to have baby Addy and we dont want her getting sick either! Hopefully we will be back on track tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment