Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Monday, August 25, 2008

End of the Summer

We had a terrific weekend! Friday night was "girl's night" and I enjoyed some quality time with the beans. We went after work to pick out Hannah's new Minnie Mouse lunch box for school..then we picked up some movies and made it a MOVIE NIGHT! College Road Trip was the flick of choice and Hannah thoroughly enjoyed it (as did I)! We popped some popcorn and made it a true blue movie theater event.



Saturday we headed to Matunuck for some fun in the sun. The weather was a perfect 10! Hannah played well with her buddy Drew. How I get such a kick out of their conversations! I can't help but wonder if some day.. far .. far.. far away.. the two of them will end up together in the true magic of Matunuck Beach. He is such a sweet little boy and they so enjoy each other's company tremendously. Hannah cannot stop talking about him and is still drawing pictures of the two of them today!



Yesterday was such a nice day at the beach as well and for the first time all summer long the girls and I took a walk down the beach. Why I havent done this before yesterday is beyond me! Usually there are so many things going on that I dont get the time to just relax at the beach. Yesterday I did just so. I pushed Layla Grayce in the stroller and Hannah and I looked for shiney rocks and seashells on the shore. It was such a great time and I need to make a promise that I will do this more often with them. These are the little things that I just love to do with them and something that I want them to remember well into their adulthood.



Miss Hannah starts school on Wednesday. I cant believe it. Pre Kindergarten. I realize that she went to school last year, but it was a totally different setting and with someone that I knew. Also, she only really had a few other kids her own age there. This.. this is the real deal and as it approaches, I can't promise that I wont cry. She seems to be excited and we have an orientation tomorrow so that she can meet her teacher and some of the school kids. It should be fun but I still have this pit in my stomach. My baby is going to SCHOOL!!!



I believe that Miss Layla may have an ear infection. I hate this guessing game! I know I am going to end up taking her between today and tomorrow, I just never know if it could be her teeth that is setting her off or her ears. She keeps playing with her right ear so I am leaning more towards the ear infection. So we shall see!




No comments:

Post a Comment