Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Friday, May 6, 2011

Mama's been thinking...

Mama's been thinking about some really great ideas on how I can give back to all these children affected by cancer.  A good friend of mine put the buzz in my ear and now, I can't stop thinking about all these wonderful ideas and how great it's going to be.  I just hope I can accomplish what I am meant to do.  I have a feeling that this is what God intended for me.  To give back in this way.  The passion is there, I just need the rest to fall into place!  I have faith. 


After picking Hannah up at school yesterday, we headed to BJ's to get some Mother's Day supplies.  We then spent the rest of the evening finishing Hannah's homework and studying for her spelling test.  We have been working on both of these items all week.  How is it that it still took us 2 hours to finish it?  Boy I am in for it when I have three kids coming home every day with homework!  Praying she got 100% on her spelling test today because she sure studied hard enough for it. 


How did I get so lucky to have these little munchkins in my life?  As I type I am peering over my desk at the pack n play and a peacefully sleeping little man. What is it about sleeping babies that makes me melt? I love this little guy to pieces.





My Layla funny for the day was when we pulled up to McDonalds this morning.  Normally I make her a homemade egg sandwich, but this morning we were out of the supplies to do so.  Apparently just licking the cream cheese off the bagel I made her, didn't quite fill her up enough.  So as I was waiting to pay for an Egg McMuffin, her little voice says to me, "Mama, is this McDonalds?" To which I replied, "Yes, Baby."  To which she replied, "has a farm???"  Seriously.  Could she be any funnier?  The way her mind works just amazes me and sends me into hysterics.  This sweet little voice with all these crazy things to say.  This was her last night after her bath and we had blown her hair dry for the very first time.  Yes, folks, the child is three and a half and this was the first time we felt as though she had enough hair to blow dry!  Major milestone in our house! 


We started a chore chart yesterday evening and I can say as of day #1, Billy and I are thrilled.  I asked both the girls to each come up with three chores a piece and I wrote them on a chart.  Every day if their chores are complete, they will get a sticker for that day.  After 7 days of completed chores, they get a reward.  I let them choose what rewards they would like and we wrote them all down and put them in a hat.  Each week they will pick out a reward from a hat and work towards that reward.  Hannah picked a new pair of flip flops and Layla picked a $5 trip to the Dollar Store.  They got right to work yesterday without skipping a beat.  This morning, not only was their bed made, but mine as well.  Hannah couldn't do enough to please me and it was so very heartwarming.  I love that little booger...always trying to do me proud!

It was almost seven years ago that I became a mother for the first time.  The day that Hannah came into my life was the best day.  The day she made me a mother, will never be forgotten.  I will always carry that memory close to my heart.  As we go into Mother's Day weekend, I couldn't be more happy and proud to be called a mother of three beautiful children whom I love so very much my heart aches!  I always knew that I wanted children.  I wanted a bunch of children.  Yet, I never knew how much they would complete me.  How much they would fill my heart and how much love I could have for them.  I am honored to be their Mother.  I am blessed.  I am thankful to the Lord for giving me these most precious gifts.  To me, there is not greater gift than being a mother and I am forever grateful to have that term apply to me.  My princesses and my prince.. God I love you with all of my being!

I would be remiss if I didn't wish all the wonderful mothers in the world a very Happy Mother's Day!  Mom, I love you.  I love you for so many reasons, but I love you for being you.  I love you because you taught me so much, I could never repay you with my gratitude.  You gave me everything you had.  Every piece of you.  You sacrificed so much to raise us and I will always be so thankful that God sent me to be your daughter.  I will never, ever be able to give you what you so deserve in this life, but I will always be there to give you all of my love.  To my sister, sister in laws and friends, I love you all.  I love being on this Motherhood journey with you.  I love talking, venting and coming up with the best ways to be a mother with you all.  I love trading stories about all the wonderful things our children have done and I love trading stories about the crazy, crazy things they have done.  You make this journey such a fun place to be.  You are all such wonderful friends and phenomenal Mom's.  I am so very fortunate to have you all by my side.  Happy Mother's Day.. all my love xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment