Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Friday, May 13, 2011

Cranky Pants

It's Friday and I'm thankful.  The past few days have seem to drag on.  Not that there was anything terribly wrong with them, but let's face it... Life isn't always peachy keen.  Sunshine and rainbows.   Life is real and today I decided to talk about the reality.  Frankly, I'm exhausted.  The kids haven't felt well and sleeping has seem to be a thing of the past for all of them.  The  lack of sleep for me, has turned me into a space cadet.  I'm irritable and I've got way less patience than usual.  It's just a teeny pebble in the road and I know that tomorrow I will wake up in a much better mood, but for today... I'm going to be a cranky pants.

Cam was up most of the night which is so unlike him.  He's my sleeper.  My 7:00 to 7:00 baby.  Not last night.  I could tell he was off all day and by night, he was inconsolable.  He kept waking and crying.  I would rock him to sleep and put him down and ten minutes later he would be up again.  Layla, went to sleep fairly quickly, but didn't stay asleep.   Be it night terrors or needing to go potty, I was up with her as well until she snuggled up to my back in my bed and finally conked out in the middle of the night.  Both the little ones had fevers but today they are just low grade.  Hannah could not fall asleep, despite my efforts to give her my sleep time mask.  She was so tired this morning that she slept until 8:00 am.  She's my early riser usually by 6:30 - 7:00AM.  When she did wake, her skin tone didn't look right to me.  Her cheeks looked gray and pale.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she doesn't catch 5th's Disease which is making it's way around her classroom.  No call from the school nurse is a good sign. 

Billy has been taking classes and studying all week making him scarce to relieve me or help with the chores and kids.  Normally I don't mind at all, but today, I am dreading doing the gazillion errands while dragging the three of them all with me.  I am preparing myself for tantrums and meltdowns.  I am going to try and talk myself into some patience as well.  Who knows, maybe things will go smoother than I think.  Again, call me Mrs. Cranky Pants. 

It looks as though I will be chairing Hannah's Father Daughter dance next Spring.  Except, we cant call it a Father Daughter dance.  Which saddens me a bit.  I don't want to offend anyone or make them feel left out, but when I grew up, there were kids that didn't have Daddy's who took an uncle or grandpa and we still called it a Father Daughter Dance and no one's feelings were hurt then.  I realize with the divorce rate these days and other situations, that things aren't that simple.  But to be honest, I wish they were simple.  I am excited to take the bull by the horns and get the party started and make it great.  Yet I am also hesitant on what I will be allowed to do as to not to offend anyone.  I feel like it's a yucky line and I am going to be staggering around it to make everyone happy.  When truly.. will everyone really be happy?  You don't want me to answer that on my cranky day, do you?  Anyhow, I do have some great ideas that I am putting on paper because even though it is an entire year away, I don't want to forget anything.  I also know how gung ho I will be and then boom, here's April and I will be panicking to get it all done.  So my thought process is, plan a bit here and there and by April 2012, I should be in good shape.  Eh hem... yup.. that's the thought process.  Come back April 2012 and lets see where I stand! LOL

I'm off to get my head straight and hopefully some rest tonight.  My restless nights have got my head spinning and even when the kids have slept here and there the past few evenings, I still cant seem to get myself back to sleep.  Therefore, my brain starts overworking and all these ideas, thoughts and worries pop up.  Hoping for a calm evening to get me back into my normally good mood.  Layla is crying to be held so I must run.  Happy Weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment