Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Best Day

This Mother's Day was by far the best one ever!  It began Saturday night when Miss Layla was having a restless night and couldn't sleep.  She asked if she could brush my hair so I sat on the floor for twenty minutes and she brushed and brushed and brushed.  (I love having girls!)  The best part was while she was brushing, she was singing the song from Tangled..."Flowers gleam and glow, let your powers shine.."  God I love this snuggly baby girl.  She gives me so much love and it all comes from such an innocent place.  I love our night time bonding while everyone else is asleep.  Sure she should be asleep as well.. but Lord knows I wont get this time back and I am determined to suck these moments up as much as possible. 

Sunday morning I woke up at 6:30 to hear Hannah fumbling and crawling around on my bedroom floor. I was about to sit up and ask her what on earth she was doing when Billy motioned for me to stay still and let her be. I rested for a half hour when Hannah grabbed my hand and yanked me out of bed and hurried me downstairs to where the kitchen table was covered in all of my beauty supplies. My blow dryer, lotions, nail polish, brush, makeup etc...was all neatly placed on the table along with a waffle and a strawberry placed in the middle.  There was a large glass of chocolate milk placed beside it.  Also a sign that read, "I love you" Along with a sign placed on the chair indicating where I should sit that read, "Mom". I was completely blown away at the time and thought that went into this display of love from my six year old daughter. Did I mention she was wearing one of her new dresses? It was the one that I had told her I loved the best. The amount of love I have for this child overwhelms me. My Hannah can be so strong willed at times but this very moment truly showed me how much love there is between us. How much she appreciates me and how much she cares. I spent the next half hour being pampered. She painted my nails and put lotion on my hands and feet. At this point Miss Layla had come to join in the fun and I can assure you that my legs have never been so moisturized! They continued the pampering session and applied my makeup and brushed my hair. I could not have been more thrilled with my first class treatment. I have said this before and I will say it again, how did I get so lucky?


The day continued on in the awesomeness in which it began. The beautiful cards. The gorgeous new hanging plant adorning my front porch.  The once again beautiful day in which to celebrate motherhood. We headed on over to Julie and Mikey's for our annual Mothers Day brunch. It was a feast at it's best. Antipasto pie, pancakes, frittada, mimosas... YUM! I made this French toast casserole that was scrumptious and I created a new delectable delight and filled croissants with a cream cheese mix and raspberry jelly. Double YUM!  I loved spending the morning with my mother, sister and family.  It was so nice to sit out on the deck and play with the kids and talk with the Moms that I adore so much.

After Julie and Mikey's we headed on over to the Verizon store because my darling Billy surprised me with an IPhone for Mother's Day.  Yippeeee!  I am thrilled to have this latest gadget and I am completely addicted to it. The girls helped me pick out a case and it was up and running in no time.  How have I lived without this technology?  LOL 

As the afternoon rolled around, we hurried home to clean up the house and the backyard.  With everyone pitching in, it was done in no time.  I loved the way everything looked with all the blooming flowers, hanging plant, tulips, freshly cut grass.. ahhh Hello Spring.  How very much I have missed you!  The Murphy side gathered over in the late afternoon and we had a lovely cookout.  The girls played with their cousins and were still outside as it began to turn dark.  It was one of those nights where they ran around in bare feet and came in filthy, but I LOVED every minute of it.  It reminded me of those perfect summer nights after you had played all day and came in to take your bath and scrub your feet and put on a pair of summer pj's.  As much as I love my IPhone... it is these simple things in life that bring the MOST joy.  Materialistic things could never come close to these precious memories.  I fell asleep Sunday night feeling so full of love that I thought my heart would burst!  I am so very appreciative for everyone who made this Mother's Day so special to me.  This by far, was the best Mother's Day. 

This saying that I now have stenciled on my bedroom wall says it best....

"Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take, rather the moments that take our breath away."





As I was still riding on this natural high yesterday, unfortunately I learned of some very sad news.  The little boy, Ronan, whose story I had been following passed away.  I really thought, I really did think that there would be a miracle in his case.  That he would beat this demon.  I can't imagine the pain his family is in.  I can't imagine the hell his mother Maya is enduring.  His story further solidifies why we need to find a cure.  We have GOT TO FIND A CURE FOR CHILDHOOD CANCER!  Please pray for his family.  Keep them in your thoughts...I've yet to be able to get through the most recent post without breaking down and crying.  No child and no parent deserves this pain!
http://www.rockstarronan.com/


Layla enjoying the tulips...

a note from Hannah...filled with so much love

my girls

The first favortie gift I received

Papa & Layla & Reanna

Cousinly love.. Reanna and Layla enjoying a lunch date

Does it really need a caption?

The kitchen table Mother's Day morning and my pampering surprise! (My second favorite gift.)

Crazy Cam.. enjoying his first ice cream sandwich last night

Rapunzel Feet - Layla made me take this picture

Mom & Dad Murphy with their granddaughters!

No comments:

Post a Comment