Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Cancer Sucks...PERIOD

Recently, I have received many inquiries as to why I am so passionate about fundraising for children affected by cancer.  Why?  It's as simple as this:  Cancer Sucks!  Cancer in children is just plain evil and down right cruel.  To be a parent and to have to watch your child fight this demon has to be just plain torture!  I have three healthy children and I give praise to the Lord every day for giving me these blessings.  This is not to say that we haven't had our share of heartache between Hannah and Layla's infancy's.  We were so close to losing Hannah.  And although Hannah didn't have cancerous tumors her tumors were just as serious.  They were killing her.  I feel as though I stared death in her face but Hannah won.  She healed.  She battled and she survived.  Not every child has the same outcome as we did.  Not every parent gets to come out in the end holding their child in their arms.  That to me, has got to be the most unbearable pain.  The most unfathomable hurt.  I wrote a post about our journey with Hannah a few years back...
http://lifewithtwoprincessesandaprince.blogspot.com/search/label/Hemangiomas




It was a little over a year ago (January 2010) when I was sent Layla Grace Marsh's link asking for prayers.  I followed her parent's daily reports.  I prayed.  My own little Layla Grayce shared the same name and had many of the same issues initially.  Except my Layla, she had the best test results possible.  Layla Grace Marsh did not.  I felt connected to this family even though we never spoke.  We never met.  When it was time to for Layla Grace Marsh to return home to the Lord and fly with the angels, I cried.  I felt so much love for this little darling that I vowed I would make a difference.  I would help battle this demon.  I would find ways to fundraise and become more involved in helping to find a cure.  I want to be here when that day comes.  I want to be able to rejoice in the fact that no other child has to battle this awful monster. 


Since this time the Marsh family has set up a foundation and website that I have followed faithfully.  I have met many other children through this website that have also battled this demon.  I have rejoiced in the children that have won and I have cried when they have gone home to the Lord.  I make myself read these heartbreaking stories because it makes me appreciate what I have all the more.  The days when the kids are naughty and acting up.  The high stress lifestyle we can sometimes lead.  I appreciate it all because I have my three, HEALTHY children to love and to hold every day.  I appreciate that I can wake up and cuddle them and exchange "I love you's".  I appreciate that we can call ourselves a family of five.  I appreciate it all.  I embrace it and I will never, ever take one single day for granted.


I hope anyone who reads this will appreciate what they have in their lives and join me in battling this demon with these children.  No child deserves to have to fight for their lives.  No child should have to endure this pain, this horrible sickness.  No parent should have to watch their child die and be so completely helpless.  There are so many little ways you can help these children if you just give a moment of your time.  Let's find a cure for childhood cancer! 


To find out how you can help fight cancer, click on any of these websites below.  Donate or share the links to make more people aware.  These are the faces of cancer...


Bless you all.


"A baby asked God, "They tell me you are sending me to earth tomorrow, but how am I going to live there being so small and helpless?"
God said, "Your angel will be waiting for you and will take care of you."
The child further inquired, "But tell me, here in heaven I don't have to do anything but sing and smile to be happy."
God said, "Your angel will sing for you and will also smile for you. And you will feel your angel's love and be very happy."
Again the child asked, "And how am I going to be able to understand when people talk to me if I don't know the language?"
God said, "Your angel will tell you the most beautiful and sweet words you will ever hear, and with much patience and care, your angel will teach you how to speak."
"And what am I going to do when I want to talk to you?"
God said, "Your angel will place your hands together and will teach you how to pray."
"Who will protect me?"
God said, "Your angel will defend you even if it means risking its life."
"But I will always be sad because I will not see you anymore."
God said, "Your angel will always talk to you about Me and will teach you the way to come back to Me, even though I will always be next to you."
At that moment there was much peace in Heaven, but voices from Earth could be heard and the child hurriedly asked, "God, if I am to leave now, please tell me my angel's name."
God said, "You will simply call her, "Mom." "

Layla Grace Marsh - http://www.laylagrace.org/
Ronan - http://www.rockstarronan.com/
Ezra - http://www.TheMathewsstory.com
Savannah - http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/savannahswandal
Memphis - http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/memphis2cancer0
Michael - http://SupportMichael.com  (Michael is a local little boy fighting cancer and his family is having a fundraiser in July to help with his medical expenses.  I have dontated my photography services and a gift certificate for this wonderful cause and I hope you will consider a donation too!  No amount is too small!)


These are only a handful of pages that I follow.. there are so, so, so many more little angels fighting this demon!  Please consider helping! xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment