Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Sunday, May 1, 2011

April showers bring... lazy May afternoons!

This weekend has actually been a lovely surprise!  The weather has continues to please all of us and we couldn't be more grateful after the winter we have had.  Friday evening we got to spend with my side of the family celebrating the April birthdays and the kids thoroughly enjoyed each other.  I always get such a kick out of my niece, Reanna, as her personality is just so unbelievably funny.  The kids played and the adults relaxed and it was the perfect evening with little clean up.  (Thank you Jules for swiffering my floor!  Even though the soda explosion was sooo not your fault! LOL)

Yesterday I was able to take Layla to dance SOLO!  I usually have at least one of the kids in tow and this was a pleasant surprise to be able to watch her with my undivided attention.  She is so dramatic during dance that it can be quite comical to watch.  If she is suppose to hold her arms in a big circle, well then Layla's arms will be in a big grand exaggerated circle.  I was worried about her behaving due to the steroids, but thankfully she did great!  I can't wait to see this little munchkin dance in her first recital.  They are sooo going to be the hit of the show!  We got to take home her costume as well.... I will wait til dress rehearsal to show you this fancy garb!

I then spent 6... yes SIX hours cleaning out the girl's and Cameron's drawers and closets.  It was a huge task.  Quite an overwhelming one at that.  Yet, the work isn't what gets to me.  It's the thought of them never wearing the clothes again that completely depresses me and makes me procrastinate the task all together.  I hate it.  I still had some of Layla's little cuddle toys in Cameron's closet.  She use to play with them for all of 5 minutes before screaming bloody murder in her crib.  Yet the point is, they were hers.  Her special "purple" snuggles and I can remember those days as if they were yesterday.  Our special moments when I nursed her in the rocker while listening to the Commodores.  Sigh...   I even packed up her precious mobile for Miss Stella to use.  I can;t believe I am at the point now of giving these things a new home.  I really cant bare the thought of it, so I am going to pretend that I am going to have at least 5 more kids.. LOL  Aside from it being a huge task, I will say... their drawers and closets look GREAT!  It's a great feeling to have them organized to start off the Spring with.  A good sense of accomplishment!

During my 6 hour ordeal, I received a phone call from Tammi asking us to stop by and see Pete.  I was sooo excited for the invite because it has been so very hard to try and stay away and respect his family time.  I had only texted him once since his return home so I was due for that hug in person.  He looks wonderful!  My first thought was, Oh my he looks just like Jay.  I kept staring at him the whole night because I couldn't believe how different he looked.  I really enjoyed catching up with the girls while the kids ran crazy throughout the house.  It was such a nice night amongst friends and I was so happy to have enjoyed the evening with the gang.  And how could I forget?  It was also Brenna's 5th Birthday!  Holy Cow Brenna is FIVE! 

Which brings me to my lazy day in May!  LOL  I woke up early with Mr. Cam and we hung out together this morning for a bit before I put him back down for a nap.  I was able to work for a couple of hours and I managed to finish all the edits on Noah's pictures.  Hannah headed out to her last day of CCD and Billy headed to BJ's to stock us up on some goods.  Layla got up around 10:00 (God I love her sleep schedule while on the asthma meds!) and snuggled on the couch for a bit before we took Cam outside to try and get a first birthday pic of him.  (Arggggg it didn't quite work as planned!) From there we have spent the rest of the day sooo being lazy and I am loving it!  The sun is shining and we are just completely enjoying each other's company.  The kids and I anyhow.  Billy is zonked on the couch not feeling so hot.  Hopefully he can sleep it off and feel better.  I have a Circus date with the girls this evening and I cant WAIT!  I think I may be more excited than they are!  I cant remember the last time it was just me and my girls!  We even painted our nails today to get ready for our big date! 

Keeping our little princess Olivia C. in our prayers tomorrow as she undergoes some testing at BCH.  As if my Helen hasn't been through enough, she has this looming over her.  Praying for positive results!



Reanna girl... I love that face!

The pile of Cheetos below were Reanna's pile.  She lept storing them up so no one would take them.  God I love her!  She definitely takes after her Auntie!


My little Rapunzel! 



How could I fail to mention that my Hannah Banana lost another tooth this week???????  Two teeth in one week!!!!!  AHHHH the Tooth Fairy is going to need a 3rd job!  The space however, is sooo darn cute!  I keep staring at her!  She even talks different!  I love it!


Our Circus nails


My baby boy picking tulips for his Mama... well maybe not picking.. more like trying to eat them!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment