Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Monday, April 12, 2010

Why Three?

I find it quite amazing the things that people will say to you when you're pregnant.. period. When you're pregnant with your third, it is truly a whole new rash of comments. Sometimes I think people need to have an "edit" button on what they say to others. Since finding out I was pregnant with my third child, I have received so many blatantly rude comments I find it quite remarkable. From, "Oh good luck with that!" or "You're having another? Do you know what you are getting yourself into?" to "THREE???? Hope you know what you are doing." So today I am addressing why I am pregnant with #3.

Since meeting Billy, we always talked about having a large family. He had always planned on having three children and I had always dreamt of having four children. A big family was important to us both as we both came from families that had three children. This we actually had discussed in our Pre-Cana classes before we were wed and we have the workbooks to prove it.

At the same time as us WANTING to have children, I also feel as though being a mother was my calling in life. I have NEVER looked at either of my children as a burden. If there is one thing in this world that I am sure of, it is that each of them are a blessing, a direct gift from God. The Lord chose ME to be their mother. He chose ME to raise them and he chose ME to love them. So YES, I do know what I am getting myself into because I chose this life as much as the Lord chose it for me. I do know what having children entails as I do already have and have been raising two. It is truly the greatest gift I could have ever been given and I take each day I have with them as a gift. Each smile, each hug, each kiss and each cuddle.. a GIFT. End of story. Furthermore, I have to acknowledge another comment in saying, NO we are NOT trying for "the boy". We are trying for a THIRD, HAPPY, HEALTHY baby and we will be delighted in whichever sex the Lord has chosen to send to us. Girl or Boy, Billy and I are just delighted to be able to add to our family and ALL we are praying for is that this child be healthy.

I find it funny that society currently looks at someone having three children as being "out of the norm". In all honesty, I really don't see why people find it their right to even have an opinion. If children are being brought up in loving, caring homes with parents who are able to care for them, what gives you the right to judge how many children a couple should have? I think that is 99.9% of the problem with society is that people are so willing to throw out judgements about others when they really should be taking a deep look at themselves and their own lives.

I consider myself truly honored that the Lord has chosen to bless our family with another child. There is no other gift greater in my eyes. Moreover, there is no other gift greater that we could be giving our girls than that of a sibling to walk through this life with. I am so very excited and happy to soon be meeting my third miracle and I would never let any judgements or remarks from people take away the amazing feeling that I have to shortly becoming a mother for the third time. Or the feeling that I have right now as my baby moves about in my belly. It is a miracle. There is nothing more exciting for me than to be adding onto my already amazing family and I honestly can't wait for the day to come when we become a family of five.





No comments:

Post a Comment