Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Spring has Sprung!


What a wonderful Easter weekend we had! Our festivities actually started last week when Grammy made a delicious dinner for us prior to the weekend since she and Grampy would be spending Easter with Auntie Jill and Uncle Dave on Long Island. The kids had an Easter egg hunt in the house while the flood waters rose outside. The kids had a blast with their cousins as usual and it was a very nice evening. I wish I had remembered to take my camera but it totally slipped my mind, so I will have to borrow some of Grammy's photo's from the evening!

I took Friday off to spend the day with my mother making rice pies. If you have any Italian in you at all, then you know what a rice pie is. For years my Mom has made a gazillion of these pies for family and friends. I took Hannah with me and she kept Papa company and they ran their errands together while Mom and me got started on the pies. I have a new found respect for my mother completing this task each year. We started at 9:00am and it literally took us until 4:00pm to complete this task. AND we had back-up at noon time, my sister in law Amanda came to help us. In all honesty, my ankles were the size of balloons by this time and I still had to take Layla to the Pediatrician's, cook dinner and give baths. I was in bed by 8:00pm completely and utterly exhausted! I will say this, our hard work paid off because the pies came out fantastic! There is just nothing like homemade rice pie on Easter!

Miss Layla did well at the Pediatrician's on Friday. Her oxygen was back up to 98% and her breathing was much better. She had her last dose of Prednisone on Sunday evening and started the Flovent and things seem to be settling down for her. She slept well last night only waking once at midnight and once at 4:00am. This was a dream compared to the sleepless nights she had been having. All a side affect of the Prednisone I presume. We did receive a call from Boston on Friday letting us know that there was no way for her to have her endoscopy any time soon because of the respiratory issues and because she had been on steroids. (I somewhat already knew this). They have to wait 4-6 weeks before they can reschedule her procedure and they will have to give her a stress dose of Prednisone during the procedure. (This I knew from Hannah). There has to be ZERO signs of respiratory distress in order for them to give her anesthesia. As much as I hate waiting another month and a half to get to the bottom of her esophagus issues, I also know it is the safest thing for her. I will say that I am stressing the fact that it will be creeping up on my due date, but I will remain positive that we can fit it in before and get it all done!

Saturday was egg coloring day and Auntie Ju Ju came over with cousin Reanna. Papa makes his appearance every year as well. The kids had a blast coloring eggs, and themselves! This tradition will never grow old with me! Billy and I also celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary and treated ourselves to a wonderful steak dinner at Fred and Steve's Steakhouse. I honestly dont remember the last time Billy and I have been to dinner alone! We were trying to think of the last time and all either one of us could come up with was last anniversary when we spent it in Boston. Mental note: We really need to get out more! LOL Dinner was excellent and it was so nice to spend some QT with Billy! We spent most of the dinner trying to come up with names for Baby Murphy.. without much success!

Easter Sunday was just perfect. The Lord gave us a gorgeous day to celebrate His rising. The girls were overjoyed to see that the Easter Bunny hid eggs in their shoes and all about the house. They adored their baskets and Miss Layla went to town on her Dairy Free, Nut Free & Soy Free chocolate bars! It is such a great feeling to watch her actually enjoying something we have had to keep away from her! Their dresses looked absolutely ADORABLE on them and the matching hats via www.ChaCha4her.com complemented them perfectly! They both felt like princesses and they surely looked the part. We headed to 10:00 Mass and then on over to Momma and Pa's for a visit. We took some pictures in the yard and just enjoyed the beautiful weather before we headed on over to Rob and Amanda's. We spent most of the day soaking up the sun in the back yard while watching the girls run and play. Hannah had everyone involved in her imaginative play and thank you again cousin Amy and cousin Danielle for helping to keep her and Layla entertained. (I am still laughing Amy about Hannah making you pretend to be a teenager!) Oh my Hannah and her imagination... I tell you she is going somewhere in this life! Dinner was wonderful and I must say, my Dad's hams were truly DELICIOUS! Oh Dad, all the things you have learned how to do in the recent past. I am so proud of you and again.. Billy thinks your hams rocked!

We spent Sunday evening watching the Sox or else trying to anyhow. Between the sound going out and then coming back in Spanish, it was a bit tough but hey.. they won, right? Moreover, what's better than the first Sox games of the season? It just exudes Spring and all the warm weather and longer summer evenings to come! The BBQ's and the kids being able to play outside til their hearts delight! Night time walks and trips to CoolLicks. Ahhh it just doesnt get any better than that!

Last but not least, I have hit the 30 week mark. YIKES! 30 weeks! That only leaves 10 left. I really need to get my butt in gear and start checking off the items on my list before this beautiful miracle arrives! I started having the dreams about meeting Baby Murphy. I LOVE these dreams. I had them with both of my girls. There is just nothing like holding your own flesh and blood for the very first time. It truly is a miracle! I am getting so very excited and anxious to meet him or her that I can hardly contain myself! Ahhh I just simply cannot wait! Please pray with me that #3 will be healthy! That is all I ask for.. all I ask for!












No comments:

Post a Comment