Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Monday, April 19, 2010

10 Years off my life

So my little Miss Layla took at least 10 years off my life yesterday. We were packing up to go to cousin Amy's house and I asked the girls to shut the television off. In both of their efforts to try and appease me, they collided and Layla catapulted off of Hannah and went eye first into the corner of the end table. I saw it happen and there was nothing I could do. I scooped her up as she screamed and kept feeling her head since I originally thought it was the side of her head that hit. As I grabbed for ice and held her back to check out the scenario, my stomach dropped. Right on her eyebrow line there was already a blue egg rising the size of golf ball. I quickly put ice on it and began to sooth her. I just dont deal well in these situations. I am always so afraid that I am doing the wrong thing! This is not to say that I dont stay calm enough to deal with the situation, but my insides turn a mess and you can most assuredly hear the panic in my voice. Billy came in from outside once he heard her screams and helped to calm my fears. We were able to keep ice on it for a good 20 minutes which definitely helped. To say she looked like Rocky after he fought the Russian, would be an understatement. However, I am hoping that it looks worse than it feels. I didn't sleep much last night as my stomach was still in knots and I needed to make sure that she was alright and there was no concussion etc... and mostly to keep checking that the swelling was going down. She woke up this morning with it looking much better than yesterday. It is still swollen, but nothing like yesterday and of course it is black and blue ...and red.. but she seems just fine and that is all that matters. Just a bump in the road and I am sure there will be many more to come. Yet I can tell you that it took years off of my life. I guess we are doing good considering she is 2 and a half and this is our first major injury. I thought about taking pictures to prove how terrible it looked, but then thought better of it because in all honesty, I dont want to remember it. AT ALL!

Despite our "incident" yesterday, it was quite a productive weekend for me. I went up in the attic and moved around bins and found my baby girl bins. I put them right near the stairs so if need be, they can be quickly accessed and the items can be washed and put in the Armour. I also took down all of the wall hangings in the girls' room, spackled all the holes and sanded them down. I washed all of the bedding and all of their blankets. We replaced the ribbon on the "HANNAH" letters with an adorable purple flowered one that Hannah picked out at Ryco on Saturday. I just have to take down the curtains and move some things around so that the walls are accessible and she is ready for a fresh coat of paint! I am looking forward to having their room all set and looking pretty. We will just have to put off that "Sister" photo shoot until next week as Layla aka "Rocky" will have to wait for her eye to go down.

The nursery is staying as is for the moment. There is no need to do a thing if it is a girl since I love the way we had it decorated for Layla. This week I have been leaning towards "girl" since my skin is telling me so! Yet, that heart rate of 141 is throwing me right off and I think it could be a "boy". Both of my girls were in the high 150's... hmmmmmmmm Chinese gender chart says "girl" but AHHH WHO KNOWS! I just need to be patient and wait and see! (Easier said than done!) All I know is that Saturday night I was watching my belly and all of a sudden I could see the baby's heart beating. The baby must have had their back up against my skin as there was a bulge and I could see the rise and fall of the heart beat.. which was different than mine. It was neat to watch and I called Billy right upstairs to witness as well. These are the things that I know I will truly miss about pregnancy.

This week is school vacation and I can honestly say that I love having Hannah around! Granted my office looks as though a bomb went off, but I truly dont mind it because I have Hannah to keep me company! She has just grown so much. It is so hard not to look at her and pine for my little baby back! She was the first. The one who originally came to the office with me. I remember her at Layla's age skirting to and fro between offices. I remember her playing with her puzzles and reading her books. I remember playing Elmo games on the computer and playing dress up. I can't believe that turning six for her is looming just around the corner. (Sigh) It all just goes by too quickly for me. We do have some fun things planned for the week and we came into work early so we can leave earlier to fit everything in! Looking forward to spending this time with both of the girls this week. I am promising to cherish every single second... even the ones that take years off my life! (LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment