Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Monday, October 6, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday Baby Layla Grayce




What a fantastic day! Yesterday was wonderful! All the hard work and sleepless nights that went into making the ravioli's Birthday perfect, paid off! I still can't believe she is one! We had her 1 year Dr. appointment today and even though she is one.. she still is not even 18lbs yet. I can't help but be happy that she is still a peanut because I feel as though as long as she is under 20lbs, I dont have to call her a toddler yet! She is still my little baby! She did well, despite the 3 shots she had to get. I have to say, she recovers quickly from them and doesnt carry on, certainly making it easier on Mommy!

I believe she definitely enjoyed her weekend as well. We gave her a birthday present on Friday evening because Billy had to work the weekend and we figured it would be more fun to watch her enjoy it while it wasnt chaotic! She loved the little princess ride-on car and wouldnt even eat her dinner because she wanted to play with it! She was too darn cute! Babbling away in her Chinese language. I get such a kick out of how much she tries to talk and what a little chatter box she is. Her words certainly dont make sense to us, but you betcha they do to her! This little peanut, with this deep raspy voice.. it is just hysterical!

Saturday night she watched me make cupcakes and she was obsessed with them. She was watching them cook in the oven. She wouldnt leave my side and kept talking to the oven. So I secretly gave her a taste test when they were done. She loved them.. and so did the cat I might add.

Sunday was a little hectic but we pulled through in the nick of time! We ran our errands in the morning after frosting the cupcakes. Wait, I need to take a step back here. Frosting the cupcakes.... ehh heemm.. who the heck did I think I was? Flippin Betty Crocker? I had frosting in places I didnt even know existed! After frosting the first one, Hannah came over to me and said, and I quote, "Um Mom.. that doesnt look very good. I think you better call Auntie Melisa." I kid you not. So it took a little practice, okay, a lot of practice, before I got to a level of her acceptance with them. I certainly could never go into the cake decorating profession and if it weren't 6:30 in the morning.. I would have given Auntie Melisa a call for some pointers!

After cleaning up the frosted kitchen, we went to Stop and Shop to pick up the balloons and then to get the pizza and calzones. The balloons... yes, the balloons. What a debacle! I am driving Billy's truck and I cant even see because I had 16 balloons flying all over the place. Layla was screaming because she was so excited to be touching them and Hannah was screaming because she was afraid Layla was going to pop them. I'm screaming because I CAN'T SEE TO DRIVE! HAHAHAHA Once we were home safe in the driveway with no dents or scratches on the truck, Hannah and I just started laughing hysterically at ourselves and the situation. Oh the drama we women cause!

The day was just perfect and I really think everyone enjoyed themselves. Her outfit was just so precious and I have to thank my dear friend Aimee for making her the onesie. It really was a true reflection of her! The purple butterfly is just her and it reminds me so much of the connection she has with my grandmother. I am so glad for that connection, even though Layla will never meet her, Mama's legacy will live on through her. I will make sure of it. I will just always look upon Layla as having a little piece of Mama in her because of the fact that Mama died so close to her being born and all the coincidences surrounding her death and Layla's birth. I am grateful for it, I really am, as I know that she is watching over us smiling. I know it.

Layla was just remarkable, especially with only an hour of a nap. She was just so darn good. I am so blessed with her and how easy going she really is. She got such a kick out of everyone singing Happy Birthday to her. Her facial expressions were truly hysterical. She thoroughly enjoyed her cupcake and was covered in it, from head to toe! The kids had a blast decorating their pumpkins as well and I even think the boys had a tad bit more fun than the girls did decorating them! She received so many gorgeous presents and clothes galore! We were truly overwhelmed looking through everything last night and I cant wait to go home and look at it all again!

I will leave you with the pictures of the weekend as I am counting down the minutes before I need to go pick up Han and we can all go home and take a much needed cozy nap together!























No comments:

Post a Comment