Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Comfy Cozy



We had and amazingly comfy cozy evening last night. Since it was such a chilly evening we decided to eat dinner early and give Hannah her much acclaimed movie night. By 6:00, we were all in our cozy clothes, (the girls in their pj's) and we popped in The Polar Express.. my favorite! By 6:30, Billy, Layla and I were out cold! Ha! I woke up at 7:20 and Hannah was completely disgusted with me for falling asleep. "This was supposed to be a family movie night and you all fell asleep on me," she said. Poor kid. If I could only have one drop of all the energy she has!



Thankfully, they seem to be feeling better and we are excited to embark on another fun filled Fall weekend. We most certainly need to get our pumpkin carved and we need to go tag our Christmas tree. This will be a first. Usually we are wandering around aimlessly looking for the perfect tree in early December, only to have the best ones already taken. Not this year. Nope! The Murphy's are preparing ahead of time! Tomorrow night there is also a pumpkin event in town we are hoping to attend.


Tonight is our parent teacher conference at Hannah's school. Should I be worried? I hope not. I know that she can tend to be a little fresh with us lately, however, I am hoping her behavior at school does not reflect this. For the most part, she really is so good with other children and she most definitely takes a leadership role with most activities. So I am not too worried-I think.....to be continued...
**********************************************************************

When is this baby coming??? My Jules this morning!

********************************************************************
This is the bug that greeted me the other day when I went to get the mail. I kid you not that it was at least 6 inches long. It looks to be a Praying Mantis.. not that I am a bug guru or anything. But from research http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/animals/bugs/praying-mantis.html it looks like it is most definitely a Praying Mantis. Interestingly enough, the female tends to eat its mate after or during mating.. HMMMMMMMM Needless to say, it just pretty much scared the crap out of me and Hannah was not going within 2 feet of it. I ended up catching it for a few hours in Hannah's bug catcher just so I could show Billy how huge it was! The simplest of things amaze me and yes, I did let him go soon thereafter!





This is a good shot of how huge it really was!
********************************************************************
The girls this morning in the office.












No comments:

Post a Comment