Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Friday, September 30, 2011

Hockey Mom, here I come!

Han made Mite C's!  We are thrilled!  I had frantically been checking the site all day yesterday praying they would put the roster up.  By 8:30 last night I was getting pretty frustrated about seeing no results.  I jumped in the shower and as I was getting out I received a text from Billy (who was laying with the girls at the time).  It said that she didn't make it.  I panicked and logged on the site all while thinking how would we ever tell her that she didn't make it, I saw her name... relief!  Turns out that when Billy had logged on, all of the results were not up yet.  Poor kid really thought she didn't make it so he was thrilled to then log on and see her name.  He was pacing our bedroom freaking out.  We went right in and told Hannah who was SO EXCITED!  She was jumping up and down on the bed while Layla somehow stayed asleep as her head bounced up and down!  It took a while to settle Han down enough to get her to sleep... but finally she did.  I really am so excited to see her compete and play on a team.  I cant wait to cheer her on!  I am so very proud of my little monkey.  She is going to do great things!  I can feel it!  Bitter sweet baby girl.  Go get em!


My Layla cakes has come down with yet another cold.  Although I cant complain because she has made it through 3 weeks of school and this is the first time I have had to keep her home (well at work with me).  Unfortunately when the bug gets a cold, it turns into this whole stinking asthma episode.  So we are upping her inhalers and asthma meds and keeping her on a good dose every two hours in order to get her through it quickly.  I have been sleeping with her the past two nights because she wakes up and has a tough time breathing.  At least if I am there then I can give her a dose of her inhaler and get her calmed down quickly.  I'd like to avoid the steroids at all costs if I can.  She has a little fever that I am hoping is just part of the cold and asthma episode and nothing more because did I mention that my baby girl is about to turn FOUR in less than a week? Layla Grayce Viola... turning FOUR??????????????????  Ohhhhhhhhhh what I wouldn't do to keep this little cuddle bug LITTLE forever!  Stop growing up on me Layla!!!!  As hard as it is to see her grow, it is also bitter sweet to see her getting healthier.  I am thrilled that she has survived three weeks of preschool without any major illnesses.  Last year, she made it to one day and then that was it.  She couldn't get healthy enough to go back.  So as sad as I am to see her grow up on me, it's also a great feeling to watch her grow healthier and stronger.  Keep going Layla Baby!  Ironically this birthday will be all about a girl called Rapunzel who has three feet of hair... considering my birthday girl has barely an inch of hair, I feel it is fitting!  Happy almost Birthday cupcake!


Mr Cameroni is doing GREAT after his tube surgery!  He was a good sleeper to begin with.  However, the last several months he would wake in the middle of the night and cry out.  He would still put himself back to sleep fairly quickly, but I am noticing that since the surgery, he is sleeping like a brick all night long.  He is even sleeping later in the mornings.  Yipeee!  Moreover, he just seems to be happier all around.  I bet that fluid built up was really bugging him and now he feels sooo much better!  My little crazy booger!  If we can just keep him from doing the Superman off of any high surface, we will be all set!


I did manage to get to my favorite salon yesterday.  I seriously love TWIRL!  Note to self however, do not try and touch up your own roots!  Poor Sarah had to dye my hair DARK in order to match it.  Over the counter dyes... BAD!  When will I learn?  So now instead of a redhead, I am currently a brunette! LOL  I dont mind one bit and actually like the change!  It's only hair.  I can't thank my inlaws enough for making this possible though.  If it werent for them watching the kids, I would have never made it to this appointment and I sooo needed this appointment.  So thank you Mom and Dad M!  xo


Onward towards a weekend full of hockey!  Wishing you all a wonderful weekend.  Don't forget, today is September 30th.  It may be the last day of the month, but there is still time to give back!  46 new children are diagnosed with cancer every day.  You can help change that!  It can be as simple as ordering this great COOKBOOK.  Host your own bake sale and get your community involved.  September may be childhood cancer awareness month, but the battle is all year round.  Help find a cure!  Let's make a difference!






No comments:

Post a Comment