Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Happy 4th Birthday sweet Layla-Grayce!

My baby girl turned FOUR yesterday!  Can you believe it?  I can't.  I certainly can't.  I remember the day she was born like it was just yesterday.  I was so excited when I found out I was pregnant for her.  Even more excited when I found out that she was a girl.  The fact that Hannah has a sister to walk through this life with is so important to me.  From the day Layla was born, I knew she was special.  The easiest baby (with the exception of her sleeping habits) The happiest baby.  The moment she was put in my arms, I never wanted to let go.  I remember being wheeled up to my room, with her in my arms.  I remember cuddling her in my arms her first night on this earth.  From day one, I always had this connection with her.  I swear part of my mama is present in her.  Like she was reincarnated through Layla.  There is just something about her and that is the only way I can explain it. 


Layla exudes preciousness.  She is full of ruffles and thrills and purple lavishness.  She turns heads wherever she goes.  People are always commenting on her or smiling when they see her.  She is as funny as they come and always keeps us entertained for hours.  When she is not making us keel over in laughter, she is sitting on our laps giving us an array of kisses and hugs.  When she is tired, all she wants is snuggles.  At four years old she still says, "Hold You" when she wants to be held.  (Thank God!)  She is the truest and purest blessing, inside and out and I am one lucky Mommy to have had the Lord send her to me.  I can't imagine a single day without her.  She keeps the smiles on our faces and the skip in our step.  A miracle at it's best.


Yesterday we had the family over for a turkey dinner that I somehow managed to pull off after working and picking up 4 kids at school.  My nieces spent the afternoon with us as it is what Layla wanted and they are all so close.  Once we were home and the car was unpacked I went to work and somehow pulled it off!  My turkey dinner for 12 adults and 6 kids went off without a hitch and my Layla baby was happy.  I love having the family all together for these occasions.  I love having them all together for any occasion actually.  Moreover, I love being the one to host it.  As hard as it can sometimes be, when everyone is under our roof, I am content.  The more the merrier in my book.  (Billy would say different LOL) 


When it came time for Layla to open presents she was so excited.  She began to open some adorable outfits.  Most children at this age tend to throw the clothes aside and look for the toys.  Not my Layla.  She gave a whopping scream of delight for each and every article of clothing she pulled out of a bag.  Tights and underwear included.  She would go on to say, "Oh Mommy look how beautiful!"  If she had just one present to open, I don't think it would have even mattered.  She is just so appreciative for anything she may get.  All she wanted this birthday was a magic wand and some pixie dust so she could fly.  It's the simple things in life that amuse her.  As long as her family is around her, she is satisfied.  (One of them takes after me!)  So many beautiful clothes, we are so lucky!  She loved everything, especially her new Minnie Mouse pillow, Rapunzel blanket and Tangled Tower.  I suspect we will be playing for hours with that! 


My dear Layla, there is so much I want to say about you, but there would never be enough time.  You are such a delight and have made me (along with your sister and brother) the most happiest Mommy on this planet.  You are the glue that keeps our family together.  You are the good in this life.  My little, purple, sweet, adoring Layla Grayce face.  I wish you all the love in the world on this 4th birthday.  May you continue to stay healthy and happy.  May you continue to be the free spirited, adorable little princess that I cherish with every bone in my body.  I love you baby cakes.  From the moon, to the stars and to infinity and beyond!  I love you!
Baby girl getting ready to enter school!



Daddy playing dress up for his baby girl. 



The cupcakes i made for Layla's preschool class!


My Fairy Princesses!



Rapunzel's Tower with two happy little girls!





No comments:

Post a Comment