Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Monday, September 19, 2011

Back on track

Happy Monday!  Happy "chill" in the air!  LOVE IT!  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my summers.  I love the beach, the grilling, the lazy mornings, the non hecticness of rushing kids off to school and all the other awesomeness that comes with summer.  The Fall though, I LOVE the Fall!  The cool, crisp air.  The apple picking.  Cider and pumpkins.  The colors of the trees.  The back to schedules and routines.  I always feel like it's a fresh start!  Like we are back on track and life is good!  So Happy Fresh Start and Happy FALL!  Officially in only a few more days!

We had a fantastic weekend which kicked off with Disney's Princesses on Ice.  This was fantastic and most definitely the best Disney production on ice we have ever seen.  What a wonderful job they did and the girls and I had a blast.  I was just as awe struck as they were, if not more.  We loved it and Tangled was by far our favorite with Princess and the Frog coming in at a close second!  It was so nice to spend the time with the girls and my beautiful nieces, minus one.  I love you Stella and in another year or so Auntie will take YOU! 

Saturday morning we woke up and got into hockey mode.  Hannah skated for the first time in a few months and to be honest, she did better than I expected.  It was also nice to not have the dance schedule interfere with us being at the rink and now I am able to actually go and watch her.  Well, intend to watch her but mostly I am running like maniac woman all over the rink chasing a certain little moose.  The kid is mass destruction on wheels!  It is so funny!  After hockey we came home and had just enough time to pull out the Fall decorations and adorn the house before my dear friend Tracey came over.  I can't believe it has been a year since I have seen her last.  I finally got to meet her little man and soak up some little Leah time as well.  I don't know how this time flies and days pass so quickly and a whole year goes by but damn I wish I could find more time to spend with the people I truly care about and miss so much!  It was so great to be in her company and catch up!  I have some of the world's best friends and even though I many not see you as often as I would like.  I do love you all so much!  Love you Trace!

Sunday, I got up early and took Hannah to Mass without the two little ones this time.  I wont even begin to get into how last Sunday went with me taking Cam.  I think I am going to have to wait a little while before taking him again because I nearly got kicked out of church.  So this Sunday it was just Han and I and it was great to actually be able to listen and pay attention.  I love that this Mass is a children's Mass and they are able to go up to the Alter for the Gospel.  The Gospel is geared towards the children.  This week's was all about how they shouldn't be jealous of their friends if their friends have something they don't.  Or if a friend does better on a test.  I loved this and it was one Hannah needed to hear as she often gets jealous over these things.  Hoping it hit home and reassured her to be happy for her friends when they do better and so on.

After Church and dropping Han off at CCD, I scooted back home to make the meatballs and gravy.  Yummy Fall Italian Sunday dinners.  Miss Layla helped and Cam tore apart the kitchen as we did so.  We even had time to sit down and color and create some masterpieces.  Layla and I made a Halloween chain so that we can rip off a link each day until it's Halloween!  We also drew and colored a pumpkin and Hannah and I created a crazy witch.  We ate and got ready for the rink again.  Han did excellent and we are so hoping she makes the Mite C's this year.  Tryouts are next week and we are keeping our fingers crossed.  She has grown so much and has matured so much that I am really getting excited to see her punch it up to the next level.  See her compete and really get into the game.  I cant wait to cheer her on from the stands.  Yes, I will be that annoying mother with the cowbell screaming her pants off.  And no, I wont care what people will think about it because that is my baby girl!  My baby girl that got a second chance at this life and I couldn't be more proud of her!  She's out there kicking butt along side the boys!  What's better than that?  You go baby girl!

We came home to watch my beloved Patriots kick the pants off the Chargers.  All I can say is Vince Wilfork.  That was the highlight of the game.  End of story!  LOL 

Onward to another fun week!  I can't wait to chaperone Layla's little Field trip on Wednesday!  It's going to be a blast!  God Bless and enjoy this awesome weather!

















No comments:

Post a Comment