Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Monday, September 26, 2011

Cam did great!

We are home and my little moose did a great job!  We were at the ENT center by 6:30am and he only cried a bit in the car on the way.  The poor little boog is use to having his milk and breakfast early.  Once there, we checked in and everything else went like clock work.  This may have been Cam's first time, but this is actually my 6th experience with ear tube surgery thanks to Hannah's now 4th set in and Layla has a set in as well.  He was able to run (and I mean run) around the waiting area for an hour before they took him back to get ready.  The secretaries were hysterical at me chasing him to and fro.  He did not stop.  This one certainly keeps me on my toes!  Once in the back we played Tot games on the Iphone (he works it better than me!) and we talked to the Nemo and Dory stickers on the wall.  By the time they took him, he was definitely restless and rearing to go.  (And I was quite exhausted!)  This may have been what helped me get through the anesthesia with no tears this time!  LOL  He did great, although he put up quite a fight.  The nurses were stunned at his strength and I was thrown right back in time when I did this with Hannah the first time.  Cam is strong, yes, but it took 4 nurses, a doctor and myself to restrain Hannah for the mask her first and second time!  (By the third time, I demanded sedatives!)  It was over quickly and I was off to the waiting area to wait.  I nearly got 5 minutes to update Billy via text when Dr. Gibson came out to let me know he did great!  LOVE her!  Did I mention she has the same birthday as Cam?  Good omen right there!  He did have fluid in his ears but they were not infected.  Hopefully this will give the Cameroni some relief now!  I went back to recovery and heard him crying from down the hall.  He looked at me and begged me to pick him up.  We sat and snuggled but it wasn't until he got his bottle of milk that he really calmed down and rested.  We continued to snuggle for a bit and then we were sent on our way.  He fussed a bit in the car and then zonked out!  He is in his cozy crib as I post and I am glad that he is able to rest.  So all in all another great experience at the ENT Center for us! 

Billy seemed to managed the girls well although I had a total brain lapse and forgot to leave him the car seats.  Where is my head?  I am usually so on top of that stuff!  UGH!  Apparently Layla left the house in a Fall outfit, although the thermometer currently reads 82 degrees.  She is going to be a little toasty today, but I am thankful that she at least left the house clothed.  Anxious to pick them up from school today and give them kisses.  Praying there are no accidents for Layla either.  Have we talked Potty Talk yet?   Have I told you how much I DESPISE it?  When my friends ask me about clues and helpful hints to this little chore called potty training, I automatically tell them I have no clue.  Seriously.  I struggled with Hannah in the beginning.  I gave up at 2 and a half years.  The little stinker use to do potty on her bed on purpose when we would try and discipline her!  It was like an "Oh yeah, well get this!"  However, she woke up on her third birthday and just decided today was the day.  That was it.  She never had an overnight accident.  She just did it.  Layla showed interest at 18 months.  Did it here and there for a few months and then wanted NO part of it and has literally never wanted any part of it since.  The child has peed all over our entire house.  From rugs, to beds, to couches.  You name it.  We have scrubbed every inch of our house at one point or another.  Many items have been tossed.  I was really stressing the being potty trained before school bit.  Although about 3 weeks prior to her starting school, she began doing much better.  By the time school rolled around, she was golden.  Or so I thought.  She had two accidents last week at school.  The teachers were not pleased.  Although I felt defensive about this, I do realize that she has to get it at one point or another.  Her problem is that she doesn't want to stop what she is doing to go.  As I have said before, she is also on the younger side emotionally.  She also is a water-aholic.  I really think it is just going to take her a bit longer to get it down pat.  I know people have many different views in regards to this.  I make no opinions or judgements on others.  I just know me and I know my child.  She will get it when she is ready.  If I were to frantically follow her around for a solid week asking her every two seconds to use the bathroom, she would totally rebel.  She will do it on her time and I do very much still feel as though there is a little time left for her to get it.  Personally, I think two accidents in three weeks of school is hardly that bad at all.  I have faith.  God help me though, when it is Cam's turn!  I'd keep them in diapers til they were four if it were up to me! 

Layla has finally decided on her Halloween costume.  Can you tell?  It's fitting.  A princess with no hair, would like 3 feet of hair!


Hannah's turn at it.  Hannah Montana? 
 (Thank you Target parking lot for providing our back drop!)


An early birthday gift that hasn't left her side!


I love him!  Snuggle butt!


Layla jumping at the Apple fest yesterday!  Decked out in her Cha Cha gear!  Wish I had some pics of Hannah climbing the rock wall.  I will post the video soon! 


Cam, in Mommy's glam, getting ready for tube surgery this morning!


Cam & Mommy!  (I think I was sweating from chasing him all around at this point!)


Sleepy little boy on the way home!



CHILDREN LIVE HERE!
Hannah's art work
Apparently I am missing a leg.  I think Layla had something to do with that.


No comments:

Post a Comment