Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Friday, September 16, 2011

Family Night

Last night was the Banana's Family Night at her elementary school.  Luckily, I was able to get Papa and Nonnie to come over for dinner and trick them into babysitting so that Billy and I could run to the school!  (Not like they minded one bit)  We put Cameron down before we left, since he is still suffering from a nasty cold and drove over to the school.  Upon pulling up, we immediately saw Mr. Meagher in front of the school handing out the agenda for the evening.  Right away, I knew this was going to be a good night.  To be honest, Billy had no idea who he was because he had not met him yet and actually thought he was a politician.  That's how not familiar he is with having a principal visible to parents.  (It also means that Mr. Meagher dresses to the nines and always looks so presentable)  Mr Meagher shook our hands and wished us well as we entered the building.  (PS:  You have to hear Layla razz on his name.  I literally belly laugh when she does it.  It's pronounced "Ma-Ha" so she does this spooky voice and calls him Mr. MAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH) 


For the first time ever, I felt surrounded by a great number of parents that I admired and respected.  I have gotten to know many McGuire Families in the past two years and I was thrilled to have made special bonds with a great group of people.  I don't know if it was the chill in the air or just different vibe I have been feeling since the start of school, but I was literally excited for the evening.  I swear it has to do with Mr. Meagher's presence.  We sat and listened to Mr. Meagher's introduction speech and enjoyed it very much.  He was enthusiastic and informative.  He held our attention.  What a nice change of pace.  He introduced the teachers and our PTA President.  (Yes folks, I have already joined and I am delighted to be chairing the first annual Ladies Choice dance.)  Then we were onward to Mrs. Boyce's classroom.


When Hannah first entered McGuire, she was to have Mrs. Boyce for Kindergarten teacher.  I had heard great things about Mrs. Boyce and after formally meeting her, liked her instinctively.  Things got shuffled around and Mrs. Boyce moved to second grade.  Hannah ended up having Miss Geremia, the now Mrs. Thomas.  We were lucky.  We loved Miss Geremia and she was the perfect teacher for Hannah to have upon entering grade school.  She was loving and kind and very approachable.  Well, we are just as thrilled to have Mrs. Boyce.  She has all these same qualities and we were thrilled upon entering the classroom.  What an array of beautiful projects, artwork, decorations and journals for us to see.  I had to remind myself that this is only the 3rd week of school and look how much they have accomplished!  We truly were blown away with Hannah's pieces and both Billy and I are extremely enthusiastic about this upcoming year.  Mrs. Boyce is a doll.  Very easy to talk too and she just has that familiar face about her.  We are so happy that this is the teacher Hannah has for second grade.  To the moon!  I really do feel a change taking over.  I pray that this change continues and McGuire gets back on track so that Hannah can benefit from all she should at an good elementary school.  Cheers to a positive year at McGuire!

Tonight we are heading to the Princesses on Ice!!!!  The girls and their Girl Cousins!  Ohhhhh we cant wait!  We are sure to have a blast!


Here are some of Han's pieces...

This was at Hannah's chair. 
DIE for it!  From the hair to the purple nailpolish!



This was her self portrait. I mean.. the kid is good!








Her Bio Bug


Her Dino's Shopping List


The silly story the parents left the class!


and my personal FAVORITE.....  (Hannah and Makenzie's)  Need I even say more?  The Botox Family meets KFC!


Do I even need to comment on this pic of my baby boy?  My handsome man the Patriot's fan?  He is so freaking cute I could bite his cheeks off!

This was a belated birthday gift from Uncle Ra Ra and Auntie Mimi!  They got it JUST RIGHT! xo

Happy Friday!!!!  Enjoy this GORGEOUS weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment