Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Friday, September 9, 2011

Let the weekend begin!

I am thinking that this week literally flew by.  Wasn't it just yesterday that I was posting about being so grateful it was Friday?  Yet, here we are again.  FRIDAY!  Again, I am super excited.  We did the last of "the move" yesterday.  All that is left is a few of my Mom's sewing fabrics and sewing supplies.  Now all that needs to happen is for the house to sell.  I pray that a young family buys it and makes many great memories there.  The way we did.  I know that saying goodbye to the house will be emotional, but I also know that this move needed to happen.  Bitter sweet.  Thankful that the moving is done however, because it damn near put me over the edge!  LOL  Between caring for the kids, working, moving and everything else on my plate, I'm ready for a month's vacation.  I'd love to just pick up and go.  Take the kids to some remote island and just be beach bumbs.. in sweatshirts of course. 


We decided to head to Friendly's on Wednesday because Billy had promised Hannah an ice cream treat after school.  However, he got called into work and wasn't able to keep the promise.  So Mommy got to have a night off from cooking and take the kids!  I also used the excuse that with Cam climbing on the stove, it was too dangerous to be cooking.  Not sure if anyone bought that one, but it sounded logical to me.  So me and the three kiddo's headed off to Friendlys.  They were loud, crazy, silly, excited and all over the place.  It's Friendlys for crying out loud!  It drives me INSANE to see people who eat there without kids making faces about the noise level of people who are there with kids.  IT'S FRIENDLYS.  If you want a nice quiet, intimate, dinner, then go to some swanky restaurant.  But if you're going to eat at Friendlys, then be prepared to be bombarded with kids... and NORMAL kid activity.  I'm not obnoxious about it.  I reprimand them when I should, but at the same time, I let them be kids.  I clean up the tornado after we are done.  I climb under the booth and even pick up the floor.  So keep your faces and eye rolling to yourself.  I've said my peace now.  The best part about the night was when the kids got their balloons and decided to take them in the tub with them.  I don't think I have ever seen the three of them laugh together so much.  Cameron was in all his glory and chased that balloon all over the house.  So much so that he tuckered himself right out and was practically asleep while I was lowering him into the crib!



We are looking forward to going to the Our Lady of Grace Feast tonight.  A Murphy Family ritual and one they take quite seriously.  Billy's great grandmother's house is on the same street and most of the family lives there in a two tenament house.  I was fortunate enough to meet Nana and spend time with her before she passed.  Even Hannah got to meet her and enjoy her while she was living.  I believe Hannah was around 2 when Nana passed.  I think it is so wonderful that Nana and Hannah were able to know each other even for a short time.  How many children get to say that they have met their great, great, grandmother?  She was SUCH a sweet, kind and caring lady.  I loved her very much and I could always feel her love for me in return.  She always somehow managed to show me that she cared for me in her little ways.  Even in her final days when we would go over and help care for her.  She was always so peaceful.  So in a way, this Feast helps us to honor Nana and let her know how much we still think about her and love her.  I know she is smiling down on us from above.


Other than that, I am using this weekend to get us organized!  I've got to get back on track and make our charts for school and get our homework center figured out and organized.  We have to start Layla's family project.  (How I LOVE her preschool and that they have these family projects!)  Rooms need to be cleaned and clothes need to be gone through.  Why are there only two days in a weekend?  It just isnt enough time.  Hannah starts CCD on Sunday and then we have Cha Cha and Braeden's birthdays.  I'd also like to find a Saturday morning activity that I can do.  I'm thinking about spinning.  Just something that I can wake up and go to and get some stress out.  I need to start exercising but I am known for being all gung ho and never following through.  Give me a week and then I fall off the wagon.  I wish I could make this a priority and get my but in gear but somehow it's something that I always fail at.  I would really like to find a way to succeed at this.  Any ideas?  Pointers?  Words of advice?  I'll take anything just give it to me straight!

Here's a video of Cameron from the other day at the office.  I think I have watched it a million times and still manage to crack up at him.  Not sure if it was either the pink pack n play or Foreigner, but he just was not in a napping mood!


Don't forget!  September, is National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month!!!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment