Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Layla...

Ahhhhh we have finally reached a fever free morning! Eleven days into this thing and finally Layla woke up without a fever this morning and I am keeping my fingers crossed that it stays this way! I was hoping that things were turning around when she actually got off the couch last night and played! Something she hasn't had the energy to do in quite some time. She is still sleeping ALOT which is so unlike her but it is probably her body's way of ridding herself of whatever it is that she had. Her spirits are much much better this morning and I couldn't be happier! Now if we could just get her appetite back we would be all set. She is still mainly just drinking and not eating much. The only other thing that is off about her is that she seems to be cold all the time. She keeps asking for blankets and saying she is cold? I will be curious to see how the blood work comes back next week as to whether this whole shabang is just some crazy virus or Mono. Either way, all the yucky stuff was ruled and she is feeling better. That is all that matters to me!

I think Layla would have even slept the entire night last night however, as Murphy's Law would have it, Mommy and Hannah kept her up! LOL I have this horrible chest cold and as I laid down into my kid free bed last night so excited to catch some sleep and be able to spread out, I began the whole choke cough thing. It persisted and persisted and well, let's just say I had a miserable night. In the midst of it all, Hannah woke up screaming that her ear hurt. So now all three of us are up and it is midnight! Both girls came running into bed and I was able to get Hannah settled with some Tylenol. I had to put a The Princess and the Frog on for Layla but thankfully, 10 minutes into the movie she was out cold!

Hannah woke up fine this morning which leads me to believe that she possibly got water in her ear during bath time and that is what was causing the pain? She did say it is a little blocked, but it doesn't hurt. So off to school she went! Now if I can just somehow find some time today to catch a nap....

Last but not least, I have been so overwhelmed with Layla sickness that I have yet to post that my dearest and closest friend Skip and his wife Jane, welcomed their newest addition last Thursday. Sophia Marie Young was born weighing 7lbs 13 oz and big sister Gracie is just thrilled! Welcome to the world Sophia! I can't wait to meet you once we can shake all of these germs! Congratulations Skip & Jane on your newest blessing! xoxoxo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4ZW2gGx8vU

No comments:

Post a Comment