Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Catching Up & What happened to Common Courtesy & Manners?

It has been a busy few days in our household! Last week was a bit of a blur and to be honest, I think I would like to keep it that way. However, I refuse to dwell on the negative and I am focusing on the positive... and we do have so much positive going on right now in our family

I finally was able to get the girls' photos done on Sunday and they came out adorable. I am just waiting on editing and then I will post some here. I can't wait to have them enlarged and hang them in their room! They looked adorable in their tutu's and bodysuits and they really were so well behaved considering how long we had them in the studio for and how HOT it was on Sunday! I also, was able to have Shannon take some maternity shots of myself. I never in a million years thought I would do this. NEVER, EVER! Anyone who knows me, knows how terrible I feel in my skin. Throw in a third pregnancy and the last thing on earth I feel is attractive. However, being that Shannon is a close friend, I trusted her. In all honesty, I went into it thinking that if I could just get one shot of myself that I didn't despise, then that would be great. Much to my surprise, Shannon did a fantastic job in capturing these special moments and I actually have a handful of photos that I will cherish forever. I am SO glad that I did this as I know I will always have these pictures to look back on and remember this phase in my life. It certainly helps that Shan and I are friends and when it came to editing I could say, "OH get rid of that and fix that and ohhhhh please airbrush that!" LOL I even got Billy to pose for a few shots that I will most definitely cherish forever. (He was such a good sport!) So all in all it was a completely productive photography day! Thank you Shannon for bringing out the best in me!

On another note, I have lately been pondering another thought on those many sleepless nights I have been having. I honest and truly think that it is such a shame that this world has lost all sense of common courtesy. I can't tell you how many times throughout a day I take a step back and go, "Wow, did that really happen?" Where did courtesy go? Why don't parents instill this in their children? Why is it that grown men and women have forgotten how to use their manners? There are so many examples that I couldn't possibly list them all here but even just the simple use of "please" and "thank you" have been completely lost in our society and I wish there were some way that we could create a rebirth of common courtesy and manners in this country.

This is not to say that I am perfect. I am in no way perfect and I will get to my not so perfect Mommy moment in a minute. However, I do teach my kids how to use "please" and "thank you". I do hold open doors for strangers and I do use courtesy when driving. I can't tell you the number of times I have almost been hit by a car in front of Hannah's school. Parents are in such a rush to get in and out they drive like maniacs and it sends me into such a tizzy. This is a SCHOOL people. There are kids around! You need to drive with caution! Of all places, this is where parents should know enough to be so careful.

Which leads me to my not so perfect Mommy Moment. When I went to pick up Hannah yesterday, I waited for the bus to leave and I parked in front of the school as Layla had fallen asleep in the car. It was a beautiful day and I knew Hannah would want to play out front of the school with her friends as they often do on nice days. So I was able to stand near the car and watch Hannah play as well. It just so happened, that the same boy her girlfriends have been having some issues with started playing rough with them. In an instant, I saw him put Hannah in a headlock and take her to the ground. I will also add that she was in a dress. This did not sit so well with Mommy and Mommy LOST her cool. Hannah got up laughing, so I knew she was OK, but I could also tell she was a bit stunned. She looked at me and I looked at her and what came out of my mouth next I had no control over. I swear to you it was like another force was taking over my body. I looked at her and I said, "Take him down!" She looked at me like, "Really Mom?" and again I said, "TAKE HIM DOWN!" She did and the real Mommy was restored to her natural state. However, the pit automatically settled in my stomach as I knew this was NOT the way to teach her to handle the situation. I instantly felt guilty and even more so when I turned and saw his grandmother there. Yet, at the same time I was dumbfounded that his grandmother was a few feet away and she at no time told her grandson that this was unacceptable behavior?????!!!! I couldn't believe it! I grew up in the era when parents taught their sons that they do not under any circumstances hit girls and they certainly don't throw them down on the ground! That they should always respect a lady. Needless to say the whole situation did not sit well with me. Sometimes this parenting thing can be so very difficult. I want my girls to grow up to be strong, independent women. I want them to be able to defend themselves and yet, I want them to be respectful and courteous as well. It's such a fine line so I guess I have my work cut out for me!

Lastly, I am thinking that things are progressing along with baby #3. I have a few signs that baby is getting ready. Nothing immediate of course, yet the normal progression of how things go when you have 5 1/2 weeks left in a pregnancy. Nonetheless, I do know that even though I have had some "signs", I can still go to the very end and maybe even more as Miss Layla Ravioli had to be evicted at 41 weeks. So we shall see. When baby is ready, he or she will come! I just cant believe that it is almost over. I have mixed feeling about it since this will be our last. (Even though.. I would still love to have 4!) I know that I will miss being pregnant and being able to feel this miracle move about inside of me. I will miss my belly and the bonding time I have with my babies while they grow inside. Yet, I am so very anxious to meet this little one! I can't wait to find out if we will be dressing this miracle in blue or pink! Hmmmmmm




No comments:

Post a Comment