Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Well our weekend was a bit of a chaotic one. We were quite busy and relaxation and rest did not quite fit into our schedule. (Mental Note: Next year, make time for myself!) Saturday we were busy during the morning with dance and hockey. Saturday afternoon I had a photo shoot of an adorable little 2 year old who had the most beautiful blue eyes. After the shoot, I ran home and picked up Hannah and made it to 6:15 Mass. I truly enjoyed listening to the Homily as it was very insightful. It was about how our generation is inundated with stress and anxiety. Yet, 90% of the things we worry about, never actually happen... hmmmmm. How the Lord either spares us from our troubles or he gives us enough strength to get through our troubles. Food for thought there!



Sunday morning Miss Hannah Banana was determined to make Mommy breakfast all on her own. She toasted me a waffle and poured me a glass of cranberry juice. This by far, was the best part of my Mother's Day. She was so very cute! Layla joined in and handed me my cards and my pedicure gift certificate! Something I surely need desperately! It will be two years in August since I have had one! (Mommy needs to learn to make time for herself!) Throw in the pregnancy and the every day wearing of flip flops and wheeewww.. my feet need some tending too! We went to Julie's for our annual brunch to spend time with my side of the family. Most importantly, my Mom. The food was delicious and Mom seemed to really enjoy herself. I'll have to get the pictures we took from Julie so that I can post them. It was here that I received a most unbelievably special gift from my Aunt Charlene who is also my God Mother. She had Julie and I open our gifts at the same time and I had no idea this was coming but we both received handmade teddy bears made out of the dress that my Mama wore to our weddings. It was quite emotional to say the least. Add in my hormones and I was a blubbering mess. I'm not sure if I have ever received a more meaningful gift. At the moment, I can think of none more special. The instant I saw that aqua bear I was flooded with memories of Mama dancing at my wedding with Mikey. She just had the biggest smile on her face that night. I will never forget it. Mama will have been gone now, 3 years in July and I still can see her, smell her and hear her voice. My favorite memories are the ones of her laughing the joyous belly laugh she had. She was so very special to me. Even as I watched the horrible Alzheimer's take her over, I still had such a connection with her. I dont think I ever posted this, but Mama also waited until just after midnight on July 12th, to pass. She waited for my Hannah's birthday to be over. She is surely my angel in heaven and I know that she is watching over me.






After brunch we ran home quick to change and then took the trek to Mystic to see Billy's side of the family. Unfortunately, it was quite cold and windy and not the weather you look forward to walking about downtown Mystic in. We did enjoy a nice meal at S & P Oyster Company as well as good company. I hope that we will have more time once the weather is warmer to get back down there and visit all of my favorite shops! We didn't get back home until about 8PM and all of us were extremely exhausted by that point. I think I may have overdone it because I was up most the night feeling quite ill and had those pesky contractions again. I feel a little better this morning, however I will not lie.. I AM EXHAUSTED! Hoping to go home today and just rest!


I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day and enjoyed their weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment