Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Hannah's Big News

Here we are again meeting yet another milestone! My Hannah Banana Meatball has lost her very first tooth! I went to pick her up a few minutes early from school yesterday so I would have enough time to get to my doctor's appointment and out she comes all proud to show Mommy that she is now "missing" a tooth. My eyes filled up with tears the moment I saw that itty bitty tooth gone. I can't believe that we are at this stage with my first baby girl already.. sigh... Nonetheless I was so very excited for her and thankful that her teacher put it safely in a little white pouch so Hannah could have her very first visit from the Tooth Fairy. The funniest part about Hannah actually losing this tooth is as I had posted before, there is already one grown completely in behind it. This tooth had taken it's place long before her now missing tooth became wobbly. (Something I had never heard of before, but apparently is normal.) So she does have this gap in her teeth, but behind.. is the new tooth already set there and hopefully it will be moving forward to fill the gap?! She was very excited to put her tooth under her pillow last night and the Tooth Fairy did come, after some hustling around the house in order to fill her little satchel with a few tiny trinkets. My baby girl.. growing up right before my very own eyes!



To update on the situation between Hannah and the boy giving her a hard time at school.. well, apparently there was another situation at recess where this boy once again pushed her to the ground. I can tell you I became irate when I heard this. I swear just the thought of someone putting their hands on Hannah makes me go all crazy. However after calming myself down and sleeping on it overnight, I did go in yesterday morning and I spoke to her teacher. Again, I do love Hannah's teacher and she completely understood where I was coming from and promised to handle the situation. The difficult thing about this situation is that this little boy comes from a terrible home life. At 5, he is the adult in his household. I know that there have been social services involved and my heart breaks for him as I have seen firsthand how unparent like his parents are. (His mother is the one that sits in front of the school smoking cigarettes despite the signs posted everywhere stating it is a smoke free environment.) I do believe that he just doesn't know any better because he hasn't been taught TO know any better. Worse, I don't see the situation getting any better. This being said and as bad as I feel, I will not allow he or anyone else for that matter, to put their hands on my daughter. I will have none of it and I will not tolerate it. It's unacceptable, end of story.



I had my appointment with Dr. Boyle yesterday and all seems well. I did forget to ask what Baby's heart rate was as I was a little preoccupied with discussing the oodles of contractions I have been having the past several days. However, I know this is all normal and my body's way of "preparing for baby to come". The end is truly the hardest part for me solely because of the head games. I feel great (with the exception of exhaustion). Yet, the trying to decipher all the things going on with my body can truly take it's toll on me. I honestly don't care when I go, I just want to make sure this baby stays well and healthy so I don't want to misinterpret anything and put the baby in any sort of danger. This being said, I am sure that I will end up having to evict this bambino as well.. as long as he or she is healthy.. I wont mind one bit going to the very end! I will say that I do long for the nights when I can sleep again. Billy woke up early for work this morning and saw my eyes wide open at 4:45 AM and was astounded. He kept asking if I was uncomfortable, which I wasn't. It's just this crazy thing that happens when you are preggers.. it's called... YOU CANT SLEEP! LOL So I am hoping for some sort of sleep in the near future. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment