Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Saturday, May 29, 2010

3rd time's a charm

Well we headed back to the Pediatrician's office on Friday morning (for the 3rd time this week) after Hannah spiked another fever Thursday night. I knew something still wasnt right when she woke up wimpering and her eyes were all sunken in. I FINALLY was able to see Dr. Sowa and low and behold, her other ear was infected and the ruptured one looked horrible. Therefore, the antibiotic was not working and she needed to be on a stronger one. Dr. Sowa answered all my questions and I left there feeling much better about the situation. It is possible that we may be heading for round 3 of ear tubes in the near future. We will have to see how it all plays out. I just pray that she never has to endure another ear drum rupture... My poor Hannah just cant catch a break this week but fingers crossed she is on the road to recovery!

Friday morning I also had Baby Murphy's doctor appointment and how exciting was it that they double booked the 8:00AM slot with Dr. Boyle? Exciting because the other person just happened to be my sister Julie! What a chance of a lifetime to all pile into the same room and be able to hear both baby's heartbeats!!!! It was such a wonderful experience and certainly the highlight of our day. Although Hannah still doesnt believe there is a baby in Ju Ju's belly. Soon enough when she starts to show.. Both of our appointments went well. Baby Romano's heartrate was uncharecteristically in the low 140's where it usually is in the high 150's. Baby Murphy's heartrate was 147 which was uncharacteristically high and the first time it has ever been above 140! Hmmmmmmmm Ah I know.. we will just have to wait and see. Thankfully, I only have 2 weeks left.. I hope! I will know more at this week's appointment and I am so looking forward to that. I think a stay at Women & Infants is actually going to be like a mini vacation for me with a hotel stay after all we have been through these past 3 weeks!

Still keeping The Frezza/Cavanaugh Families in our prayers. Hannah made the boys some pictures today. I hear that Andrew is holding up well with the chemo and I pray that this continues to be the case. Please join me in holding this entire family up in prayer!!!

Today we are hanging low and giving Hannah another day of rest. She is actually napping on the couch as we speak. She has been taking naps the past few days. Something I am certainly not use to. She has never, ever taken naps! Surely her body needs rest in order to heal and I am glad she is getting it. Tomorrow we are heading to our favorite cottage by the sea for the first time this season.. fingers doubly crossed! So looking forward to taking a walk on the beach with the grils and playing in the sand!

No comments:

Post a Comment