Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Monday, March 8, 2010

Sunshine

Well this weather has just been wonderful!  It feels so good to have the sun shining on my face again and it seems as though it has been ions since we have seen it.  The warm temperatures are enough to put anybody in a good mood!  The girls and I had a wonderful weekend and we are hoping that this warm weather is here to stay as we are looking forward to many more weekends full of fun.

Saturday evening we had a wonderful time with my good ol' girls from SHS and their families.  It feels like it has been forever since we have all been together.  Sara was surely missed and I hope that we will be able to schedule a visit with her soon.  The kids had a wonderful time playing together and it was so very sweet to see them running all around the house.  The older ones loving on the little ones and the little ones looking up to the older girls.  All of the kids were so well behaved and got along famously.  It was so nice to see everyone and catch up and of course my high school girls looked as beautiful as ever!

Sunday, I was originally supposed to attend a bridal shower, however Billy got called into work at the very last minute so I had to rearrange the day so to speak.  Hannah had a birthday party to attend which Billy was going to take both girls to.  I had called the parents and asked if it would be okay if Layla tagged along and they were so very sweet about it.  Well, last minute changes and there wasnt much I could do since I had no one to watch them or bring them, so I had to call and let the bride's family know I wouldnt be able to attend the shower.  I felt like a schmuck, but what could I do?   So after a quick visit from Auntie Jill (and a bag full of St. Patricks Day treats), the girls and I headed off the Chucky Cheese!  They were both very well behaved and they had a wonderful time.  When we got home, we took advantage of the gorgeous weather and headed to the park to meet my friend Sarah and her family.  Sarah makes beautiful vintage dresses for little girls and sells the adorable hats and headbands my girls are always wearing.  You can find her adorable clothing at http://chacha4her.com/.  So I took some pictures of the girls hamming it up in the park with their western style vintage dresses.  They were so darn adorable I could have ate them up right there! 

Last night Layla slept a full night again.  I really cant get over it!  I have changed nothing at all and yet, she somehow just decided she was going to sleep through the night!  It is such a strange feeling as I am so use to her needed her cuddles at all hours of the night.  Yet, I am truly grateful because I feel as though she is just feeling better all around and maybe this is why she is able to sleep better.  She will still have nights of belly pain here and there, but this was the 3rd night of the week that she had slept through so there is no complaining on my end!  She really is such a sweet little girl.  She is always so concerned about others and always using her manners.  Everything is "Yes, Mommy" and "Sorry, Mommy" and she will apologize when it is not even necessary.  Or "No worry Mommy, I clean it."  She just exudes sweetness and it is so hard not to smother her with kisses and hugs 24/7.  Thank God she allows me to do so 99% of the time!  Of course she does need to learn how to share, but then again, this is normal behavior for her age.  I just adore the fact that she is a Mama's girl and I hope that she remains this lovable forever!  I have more fun just conversing with her and playing.  She has such a zest to learn new things and to make me laugh. 

Hannah is doing wonderfully as well and I was so happy that she behaved herself and used her manners at the party.  She is just a ball of energy and wants to be running around in the thick of things at all times.  Where the action is, there is Hannah.. and most times, it is she that is creating the action! LOL  She doesnt care who she is with, she just wants to have fun.  She gets along just as well with the boys as she does the girls and sometimes I think she prefers being with the boys and playing like a tomboy.  She is so intelligent and is starting to read.  I am so impressed with her skills and we have been working really hard together to keep up on her vocabulary and reading skills.  The girl has an appetite like a horse!  I cant believe how much she can consume on a daily basis, but then again she burns it off in a second since she is so active!  I am looking forward to her having the nice weather to play outside in so that she doesnt rely so heavily on the darn TV.  She is addicted and I have been trying to curb it because it doesnt quite sit well with me.  Although I will say the child also loves to draw, write, create, cut.. anything to do with paper, scissors and a pen and she could sit for hours creating masterpieces! 

My heart is still so heavy for the Marsh family as they are enduring every parent's worst nightmare.  I can't go long without constantly thinking about them and little Layla.   I ask again that you please keep them in your prayers.  You can read the updates on www.laylagrace.org.  This story has just touched me so deeply and I swear it has changed my life.  Layla wont die in vain.  She has touched so many people it is beyond belief.  I pray that their family finds peace in such an unfathomable time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment