Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Friday, March 26, 2010

Spring, Spring, Where are you?

The girls and I got all ready and packed up for our day this morning and headed out the door, only to open the garage to find.. SNOW!  Yes, it was flurrying!  Hannah had a jean jacket on and Layla had her raincoat on!  Who knew?  Guess I should have watched the forecast last night!  We headed back in for our warmer coats and jumped in the car to begin our day.  I have been hearing that this weather is going to stick around for a little longer.  I was so hoping that Spring was here to stay and soon enough I could pull out my flip flops and sandals!  Looks like we will be waiting a bit more to feel that good ol' Spring air! 

I did survive Hannah's field trip on Wednesday.  She had a wonderful time and her teacher said that all of the kids were extremely well behaved which was nice to hear.  Hannah was very excited to tell me everything they learned and how good their pizza lunch was!  I was just happy to have her back in my arms safe and sound!  (Is it bad that I am secretly wishing that this is the last of the field trips for the year?)  After a quick snack and a change, I carted Hannah off to dance class.  All the while nervously checking my phone waiting for my sister to call.  Baby Reanna has had a few terrible weeks with high fevers and sickness and I knew Julie had an appointment at the pediatrician at 2:30.  When I hadn't heard anything by 5:00, I called.  (I am patient.. but not that patient and by this time I was a nervous wreck!)  Julie answered and informed me she was on her way to Hasboro with Reanna.  Apparently her oxygen level was dipping low and her Dr. was concerned.  I told her not to worry I would take care of whatever she needed.  My Mom had been staying with her for a few days while my Dad was out of town, so we fed the kids quickly and Billy darted off with Hannah to Math night with Grammy and Layla and I headed on over to pick up Nonnie and head to Auntie Paula's Arbonne evening.  I wish I could afford this skin care line because I so very much love Arbonne products and would buy them all if I could!

Billy got Hannah home and settled before we arrived home.  He said she did a wonderful job at Math night and Grammy even said that one of the principals remarked on how serious and intelligent she is.  (Gush)  Nonnie spent the night with us and the girls loved it.  A little too excited maybe, because they both woke up at 6AM the following morning excited to still have their Nonnie visiting.  

Miss Reanna ended up coming home yesterday afternoon and she is doing better.  Her chest XRays show cloudiness that they are unable to determine whether it is pneumonia or an asthma exacerbation.  She is on prednisone and antibiotic for the infection.  Her Dr. feels as though this was all brought on by the fact that she had that darn RSV the end of January.  Unfortunately now she will be susceptible to a lot more and they will have to watch every little cough and cold and take her in to check her oxygen levels at the hint of anything.  I sure hope she doesnt end up having asthma.  I know all too well how scary it can be and I remember it being traumatic for me at times when I was a child.  I can't imagine how it feels for an 18 month old, nevermind for a parent to have to watch.  I can still remember the panic in my mother's vouce as she would grab me and run to the bathroom and put the shower on hot so I could breath in the steam in order to be able to breath without gasping for air.  In order for the Dr.'s to diagnose Reanna with asthma, episodes like this would have to happen again.  I am praying they dont and that it is pneumonia which will be out of her system quickly!  Come on warmer weather.. get her soon so all these babies can get their health back!!!!! 

The girls and I are headed to Long Island this weekend to visit Auntie Jill and Uncle Dave.  We are all very excited for the visit.  Auntie Jill has some fun things planned for the girls and Uncle Dave came to the rescue in taping the "Kids Choice Awards" which Hannah was completely worried about missing!  She has asked every morning when she wakes up, "Is today the 27th?"  She is her father's daughter when it comes to TV!  On the way back, we are going to stop and visit Ant Denise, Uncle Chris and the kids.  It will be fun to see them again as the last time we saw them was August.  I am sure we will have a fantastic weekend and I am looking forward to our little girls adventure. 

Please keep Reanna in your prayers in hopes that she will have a speedy recovery and no more attacks like this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment