Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I am so blessed, I am so blessed, I am so blessed.  I thank the Lord above for the two most wonderful gifts he has given me.  My two girls are just simply the most precious gifts I could ever have been given and I am so very grateful for this 3rd miracle on the way.  Just when I think things were looking so down, I get such a reality check. 

The whole reason I started this blog was to keep a diary of all of my girl's moments and experiences.  I was inspired by a mother who also had been doing this for her girls.  When I was pregnant for Layla, I originally loved the name Lily.  I googled both Hannah and Lily to see how nicely they went together and this mother's blog came up.  I started following her blog loving all of the little moments she spent with her girls.  Unfortunately her life took a terrible turn when her Hannah who was 5 1/2 at the time passed away in July of 2007.  I think I cried for nearly a week reading this poor women's posts about how she was dealing with losing one of her precious girls.  I couldnt imagine being in her shoes and I remember then realizing how very fortunate I was to have my Hannah to love and to hold.  I still continue to follow her blog today.

A few days ago I came across another blog in the oddest of ways.  Anyone who knows the story of Layla's name, knows that when I was pregnant for her I secretly wished for another little girl so that Hannah would know what it was like to have a sister as I did.  So before I even knew she was going to be a girl, I would surf the net looking for purple shabby chic bedding for the crib.  One morning, LaylaGrayce.com came up in my search and I fell in love with the name (as well as a bedding set from the site!).  I was hooked and Billy made me squirm for the name for 8 long months until he finally agreed.  So yes, my Layla was named after a website, but I truly dont care!  I think the name is just so lovely and classic and it fits her to a tee!  Long story short I came upon this blog the other day, www.LaylaGrace.org.  Ironically enough, this Layla Grace is a mere month younger than my own.  All the similarities except one big difference.  This Layla is fighting for her life.  A healthy child until the age of 16 months, her life took such a drastic turn when she was diagnosed with neuroblastoma.  Today, Layla is in the final stages and her family has taken her home to pass.  I cant even begin to imagine what it must be like to walk a step in her parents shoes.  Moreover all of the suffering this dear child has been through.  I can't stop thinking about this family and the gutwrenching heartache they are enduring.  Please, I ask you to keep them in your prayers and just pray for a miracle.  Miracles do happen and the power of prayer is truly remarkable.  I learned this when things were at their worst with my Hannah.

So here I sit, feeling like the luckiest, most blessed person on the planet to be able to have and hold my Hannah and my Layla Grayce.  I swear it has given me a whole new perspective on life.  It makes me want to soak up every little second with them even more.  You never know what tomorrow may bring.  Embrace today and cherish it as if it is the last.  Live your life with no regrets.  Live, love and laugh.  Tomorrow is never promised and never, ever go a day without telling the people in your life that you love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment