Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Monday, March 22, 2010

Happy Monday

Wow, I can't believe it is Monday already!  The weekends go by way too fast.  We did have a lovely weekend and the weather was definitely a huge help in that department.  We spent much of our weekend outdoors riding bikes and playing on the swingset.  We took walks and even had our first ice cream at CoolLicks (our favorite summer hot spot!)  The girls loved playing outside so much so that Layla refused her naps this weekend!  No way, she wanted to be outside with big sister Hannah! 

Speaking of Hannah Banana, I had a wonderful time going into her classroom on Friday and telling the class about our Family Business.  The kids were absolutely adorable and Hannah loved having me there.  She melted my heart!  I tried to think of interesting facts about the business that would keep them entertained.  One being the fact that the secret recipe of the 11 herbs and spices is locked safetly in a vault in Louisville, KY.  One little boy was simply enthralled and kept asking me questions such as, "Now say the Colonel had the recipe written down on a piece of paper on his desk and he had to leave to use the bathroom, and someone came in and stole the paper... that would be bad, right?"  I could have stolen him!  The children were extremely well behaved and they thoroughly enjoyed their mashed potatoes and crispy strips as well.  It was a pleasure to have volunteered!

Furthermore, we received Hannah's report card on Friday.  I was simply blown away.  She did such an unbelievable job I was in awe!  First semester she had mostly S's for Satisfactory and a few O's for Outstanding.  It was what I had expected since they can't give the kid all O's or what would they have to work up to?  This semester, she turned 7 of those S's into O's.  SEVEN!  I am so proud of her!  She is such a smart little booger with such a desire to learn.  Miss Geremia loves having her in class and I believe Miss Geremia has done such a wonderful job teaching her!  Han also got to take home the class Mascot this weekend, JT the stuffed Koala.  She had a fantastic time entertaining JT and keeping him with her at all times.  Last night she did a wonderful job writing a journal entry about all the neat things JT got to experience with her over the weekend.

Layla Grayce had a lovely weekend as well.  She had Billy and I in stitches often.  The things that come out of her mouth are just hysterical.  I wish I could just freeze her in time.  She is quite the disciplinarian and will reprimand anyone she hears saying or doing something wrong.  "DaDa dont you a say a bad word.  You freshie."  Everything has an extra "a" in it and she sounds like this little Italian baby!  Her facial expressions are priceless as well.  "Mommy where is a my socks?"  Healthwise she had a good weekend, until last night that is.  When we got home from Momma and Pa's last night she felt warm.  I checked her temp and low and behold, 101.  Granted it isnt high.  Yet, usually for Layla, anything 101 and over means something is going on.  She woke up this morning after a restless night of sleep with 99 and she seemed in good spirits.  However, after just feeling her head again, she is feeling quite warm to me.  I really wonder if her food allergies could have anything to do with these unexplained fevers, as of right now she has no other symptoms.  I remember that when she was an infant, she would often get unexplained fevers for several days and then they would just disappear.  She has had several blood tests and everything has checked out fine.  So as of today, I am back to keeping track of everything she eats.  I am determined to find a cause to all of this as tedius as the task might be.   

Last but not least, I have noticed this weekend that my belly is huge.  No, not huge, actually MASSIVE!  I really cant get over how big it is!  I swear I was this big when I delivered Layla.. a week late!  Even Billy was contemplating with me about how it could possibly get any bigger considering I still have over 2 months to go!  I am not complaining, because in all honesty, I think it is so neat!  I admired it a few times this weekend in the mirror thinking, "What are you little June Bug.. what are you?"  I still cant believe that I have survived not knowing the sex of this baby!  I just can't wait to meet him or her and embrace them into our family.. our soon to be family of five! 

No comments:

Post a Comment