Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

New York State of Mind

Well this past weekend the girls and I braved a trip alone to Long Island to visit with Auntie Jill and Uncle Dave. Billy was supposed to come, but like anytime we make plans, he was called into work! He needs to take what he can get because jobs have been so scarce these days. So off we left on Saturday morning and we trekked on down to the New London Ferry. The girls were fantastic during the car ride and they even had a great time on the ferry despite Layla not feeling her best. I have to say that Hannah was on her best behavior the entire weekend and I was so very grateful!

Auntie Jill and Uncle Dave met us in Greenport which is a town located just after you get off the ferry. I have to say that the towns located just off the ferry are my favorite on the island. It is all green green rolling farmlands with farmhouses and farmstands. There are vineyards for miles and miles and it is all located just off the ocean. Truly a gorgeous area! Greenport was adorable as well! We walked all around the shops, had some lunch and then headed over to the carousel which actually sat up on a hill just off the ocean. The girls had a blast! Though I will say it was the fastest carousel I had ever been on! Uncle Dave took Hannah on a walk down near the docks while Jill, Layla and I headed into some of the shops. It was a fantastic day even if the weather wasn't at its best.

At night Missy and Madison came on over and we all went to Cheeburger Cheeburger, which is an adorable diner type hot spot..and ohhhh how yummy. Surely gained 5 lbs at this pit stop! HA! The cheeseburgers were so yummy and the ice cream shake I had afterwards was even better! When we got back to the house the girls played Rock Band. Uncle Dave is truly one of a kind to let the kids play with this! He knows how much they love to play it and he is always very excited to set it up for them. Most people who don't have children yet would have their reservations about letting the kids play.. but not Dave. He enjoys watching them as much as we all do. Unfortunately this night Miss Layla decided she was going to get sick all over Uncle Dave's favorite slothing spot on the couch and I surely hope that it is faring well these days!

Sunday we slept in a bit and then Jill and Hannah went to get some NY bagels. Nothing like a NY bagel I tell ya! We then headed on over to feed the ducks. The girls had a blast and I got some real nice pictures of everyone. Once we ran out of bread we headed on over to Big Dave and Miss Linda's house where the word "hospitality's" true meaning shines. I swear they are just the nicest people on the planet and I love that Miss Linda shares my love for country music. She actually made me sit and watch the "Here Comes Goodbye" video by the Rascal Flatts and 4 minutes later Mr. Dave was handing me Kleenex to wipe up my sobbing face! Miss Linda and I will always have that moment! LOL Mr. Dave cooked us a fantastic meal. It first started with Guacamole. Can I just say that I have never liked the stuff.. ever.. but what he made was so darn yummy I made him give me the recipe! Afterwards we had chicken and salmon on the grill with grilled vegetables and pasta salad. The man can surely cook a fantastic meal! I always love spending time at their house because the house is just knock down dead gorgeous. It's all decorated in a wine vineyard theme and their house literally sits on a canal where their boat is docked. The landscaping is just gorgeous and Miss Linda's gardening is just so beautiful. The girls and I are always treated like VIPs when we visit!

Our trip back home went just as smoothly as our trip down and now that I know that the girls can tolerate the car ride we will definitely have to go down on our own more often! Although, I will leave Auntie Jill and Uncle Dave some rest in between because the girls surely had them going all weekend! Mind you, anytime I see Jill, she has an entire new wardrobe purchased for the girls! The most adorable clothes. I call her their sugar daddy!

Sunday evening Layla got sick again! She certainly wasn't feeling well at times throughout the weekend and she stayed home yesterday with Daddy to try and get some rest. She did have a good night so fingers crossed that it is just a virus we are dealing with and nothing more. The weird part about it is that she was only vomiting at night. Not during the day. This is day 5 of whatever it is and although she is still not herself she does seem to be a bit better today. Yet, she is not eating solids and only drinking her formula. Thank God for that! I really need to find a way to boost her immune system because every other week the poor kid is down and out with something!







<




















No comments:

Post a Comment