Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Does this kid just keep getting cuter and cuter or what?




AH! I cant believe that I have hardly found a chance to sit and write! June is going to be another crazy month but hopefully we can find some time in July to sit back, relax and take in some sunshine. We are sooo very looking forward to our Block Island vacation the end of this month!

The girls are doing well. We have had a few challenges this week with them but nothing too crazy! For the most part they are enjoying the sunshine, FINALLY and getting bigger every second! (WA!).

Hannah did go meet her Kindergarten teacher, new school, and classroom last week. As much as I would love to keep her at St. Philip's, I know that this school will be good for her as well. I'm not going to lie and say that this is not going to kill me and St.P's would have been a much easier transition for all of us.. but in the reality of things, we are not made of money and the Catholic schools are just so darn expensive. On a good note, she will be back with Miss Mackenzie and I know both girls are thrilled about that. I am also excited to be able to walk her to school this year as it is just a stone's throw away! I just cant believe how far we have come with Hannah and how quickly everything has flown by. She is such a smart little girl who is very aware of things and can tend to be emotional about the sad things in life. I see so much of Billy and Jill in her, but at the same time, I think she certainly got my emotional gene. Which in essence isnt such a bad thing because I think, it makes you appreciate life more. She also got my love for music gene too! LOL
Layla on the other hand.. I cant really tell who she is yet. In the beginning she was more of a very relaxed, calm baby girl. Now she is definitely on the go go go all the time. She is very wirey and is into EVERYTHING! She is so good at climbing things that I think she could probably climb Mt. Washington at this point! As far as her personality though, she is very needy and wants to be held. She wants that skin to skin contact and loves to be caressed. Her deep loud voice coming out of her little teeny body with a big ol head often makes people laugh. She's growing up right before my eyes, but because she is on the small side, I feel like I am getting a little bit more time of keeping that baby in her.

One thing I have always said about my parenting style and please note, I am very sensitive to this issue because I would never judge what others do. I firmly believe that you have to do what you feel is best for your children and what works for your family. This being said, I do like to let my kids be kids for as long as they can. I often wonder if this society tries to make our children grow up much faster than they really need to. Yes, Layla still drinks out of a bottle. It is honestly the only way we know if she gets any calories these days and it is what helps to put her to sleep. She can drink out of a sippy and has been drinking out of a straw since she was 6 months old.. and she will do it during the day as well. So what if she likes her bottles. I can guarantee she wont be on them when she is 5! Hannah was the same way and she turned out okay with it! I feel the same with the girls sleeping in the bed. They are only this little for such a short time, if they want cuddles at night then why cant they have them? Why is it looked upon as so wrong?


Okay, enough of my ranting and raving! I need to get my butt in the shower because I have a a blanket bingo picnic date with Miss Hannah today!






















No comments:

Post a Comment