Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Tuesday, May 12, 2009




Alright my friend Jenn.. here goes.. HA! I am still feeling quite under the weather, but I promised I would blog about my wonderful weekend so without further ado,

Friday night's scramble to find sitters for the kids ended up being the best decision we could have made. Hannah went to visit Auntie Ju Ju, Uncle Moppy and cousin Reanna and had a wonderful evening bonding with Cali as well. Auntie Mi Mi got her much needed practice and came over to watch Layla cakes. I could tell she was very nervous but once she dove into it, she did wonderful and realized that maybe it wasnt going to be that difficult once her little bean arrives. Layla was great for her as well so that always helps! We headed up to the game and arrived at around the 3rd inning (Billy ended up working late - Murphy's law!) I think we tried at least one of everything at the concession stand before we settled into our seats with our brewski's. The night was perfect! The full moon was shining just over the stadium and it was so nice and warm! We were down 3 - 0 when we arrived, yet soon enough, Bay hit a home run to tie up the game and it just kept getting better from there! My man Jacoby did his share to help as well! I couldnt have asked for a better night and Billy and I had a wonderful time together.

Saturday was a little bit hectic since we were.. lets just say "tired" from the night before.. too many brewski's! I ran to pick up Hannah at Ju Ju's and then did a few more last minute Mother's Day errands. Hannah had skating at noon and then we headed over to Miss Gracie's 1st Birthday party. The girls had a blast, especially when the ice cream truck arrived! We left the birthday party and headed to Newport to see Grammy, Grampy, Auntie Jill and Uncle Dave and Miss Linda and Mr. Dave. We had a wonderful meal at Yesterdays. I always love catching up with Jill and I have to say that I get such a kick out of Miss Linda as well. I personally love the fact that she and I have the same taste in music! We hit the road at about 9PM and I have to say I couldnt wait to lay my head down on that pillow!

Mother's Day morning I got up early to make a fruit salad... yuummyy! Hannah woke up and came down to help. She was so very cute about it. Soon enough, Layla had her hand in the bowl as well. She loves to do everything that Hannah does. We were a bit hurried as I swear no matter how early I get up, there never seems to be enough time to fit everything in. As I was rushing around to get ready, the girls and Billy came in with some treats. I was SOOO very happy when I opened up my card and saw that I most certainly would be attending the Billy Ray Cyrus concert in September! Giddeeyyyuuppp! I was ecstatic! I also got a new Red Sox T-shirt and some workout gear. So very cute! We then rushed on over to brunch at Auntie Ju Ju's. Once again, we caught a perfect morning and all the food was scrumptious! Miss Reanna gave me a beautiful angel bead for my Pandora bracelet. Papa added to it as well and gave me a "H" for Hannah and an "L" for Layla, as well as a diaper bag with a pink rhinestone. So very cute and I am excited to finally be filling the bracelet up since I have had it for over three years now! By noon time the gang was getting a bit overtired and cranky so we headed on home for naps! Later in the day Momma came by and we got to visit with her for a little while. We ate dinner and gave the girls baths and played up in Hannah's room. Again, I do so very much love the smell of the girls right after their baths. It is by far my favorite smell!!! All in all it was another perfect weekend! I went to bed Sunday evening thinking how blessed I was to know what it felt like to be a mother. Truly blessed!

Today I am drop dead exhausted as it was another long night with Layla. I am wondering if she is feeling crappy and maybe has caught what I have or if it is her teeth. Either way I barely slept a wink last night and I think I could keel over on my keyboard today! Thankfully, Billy didnt get a call for work so both girls are home with him today. Hoping I can shake whatever it is that I have soon!!! Block Island is just around the corner and I need to get this butt in shape!




The girls and all my nieces! I managed to get a few shots a few weeks ago of them and although I had wanted to head over to Shanny's and use the studio.. taking them at my house didnt work out so badly! Thank God for editing programs!






No comments:

Post a Comment