Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Back in the groove

Well Happy New Year to all!  I hope everyone had a lovely start to their new year.  I for one, am glad to be off to a fresh start.  A new beginning.  Normally I hate being back to a schedule but this year, I was craving it.  Somehow being back on a schedule makes everything alright.  The kids are back in school and routines for activities are back.  Thankfully, the January calendar is not so filled up so I am hoping to get some things accomplished this month.  I have already begun the bathroom renovation.  Goodbye wallpaper.  God Bless my mother and how good she was at everything.  She put that stuff up there and never intended it to come down.  Let me tell you... it has been a battle.  7 years ago I helped Billy take down wallpaper in one of his apartments and I swore I would never do it again.  Looks like I am eating those words.  Thankfully there is not too much left to do and only one other small tiny bathroom in the house that will eventually have to be redone.  Part of me is sad about taking down the wallpaper and the herb border.  It's my Mom.  Reminds me of her and is comforting.  However, it is so not our style and the kids were really looking forward to having a bathroom with some bright, cheerful colors. I have many crafty ideas and I am hoping they all come to fruition because the vision in my head is phenomenal.  We shall see.  I will keep you posted!

Mr. Cam seems to be feeling better today as he has been a bit of a crank pot.  He had been running a small fever and had a case of the yucky nose and congestion all week.  However, today he seems to be back to his funny, cheerful self.  Layla cakes as well.  Back to her routine and easy going personality.  Hannah on the other hand has been down right brutal.  The past two and a half weeks have been extremely intense with her.  Her attitude, her freshness, her disrespect.  I am at my wits end with her.  Nothing seems to be working.  We have taken away everything but food, clothing and her bed and she could care less to behave.  Her mouth is obscene and I am 110% scared out of my mind as to what we are going to do with her.  I am calling the doctor this afternoon and taking her to get her ear checked.  Back in October they mentioned that it looked like her tubes were out.  I can't believe I am saying this but I am praying and hoping with all my might that she does have an ear infection because at least then it would explain some of her behavior.  Otherwise, I may have to start thinking about a boot camp.  In all seriousness, I think it may be time for some therapy.  Something has got to give and although she is only seven, if I don't get a grip on this behavior, we are going to be in for it come the teenage years.  I pray with all my might that we can find someway to help her and pull the reigns back in.  I love her to death and she has sides to her that are so special and unique.  She can be so caring and thoughtful and always aiming to please.  Yet, there are sides to her that I just can't overlook any longer and we need to start working on.  Kids don't come with manuals, do they? 

Mom and Dad left this week and I am so depressed about it.  Happy for them that they can get away and fit some much deserved relaxation in, but sad for me because I am so used to seeing them every day.  Being the Daddy's girl that I am, a day without a hug from Dad depresses me.  He's my go to guy.  My solver of the world's problems.  It's lonely without his face around the office.  :(   I guess I am going to have to work extra hard to try and get him to quit smoking cigars since we will be apart.  One of my resolutions was to say goodbye to the cigar smoking with him.  After the pneumonia, no way, will I ever do it again.  I told him we will have to find another vice.  I'm going to have to lay the guilt trip on him really thick to get him to stop now.  The grand kids and I are counting on him staying healthy for a long time to come.

Asking for some prayers for Billy's grandfather.  He gave the family quite a scare when he went into diabetic shock last night and had to be rushed by ambulance to the hospital.  There is some possibility that he may have been having mini strokes over the past several days aside from the blood sugar issue.  Thankfully they are doing a full work up on him and keeping him for several days.  I love Pa.  He is just this big cuddly guy who LOVES his food and LOVES his naps.  I continuously call him, "The Saint" for reasons I won't share here.  I have a weak spot in my heart for him because I know his love for food is most likely the one thing that keeps him happy at his age.  I will tell you that Billy, being named after him, takes RIGHT after him in the food department.  Not like I am one to talk, but Billy's eating habits are insane.  Grossly insane.  Even though he may not gain weight from it all, it cannot be healthy by any means.  He is the next one I am cracking down on.  Anyway, please keep Pa in your prayers for a quick recovery! 

That's all I have for today...  Remember to count your blessings!!!


Cute and Cuddly Cam!

Crazy and Sassy Banana! 


Miss Layla and her replacement drums.  The ones Santa brought her didn't even last through Christmas day!!!!  (You get what you pay for!)

And this... just CRACKS me up!  SUPER GIRL!!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment