Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Monday, January 23, 2012

Redemption Baby!


Could I be any more excited?  Ok.. well the only way I could be any more excited would be if Tedy Bruschi were playing in this Super Bowl!  LOL  BUT HOT DAMN MY BOYS ARE GOING TO INDY!  Game on Giants!  I can smell some sweet redemption baby!  I'm not sure if I can wait two weeks! 

Excitement was surely what our weekend was all about.  FINALLY, after all three of the kiddos ended up sick with fevers and on antibiotics, we ended up having a healthy weekend that began with sledding Friday after work.  UM Hysterical!  Quite reminiscent as well.  Watching the girls sled down the same hill in the front yard that I once did.  LOVED IT!  After sledding we went in for dinner and Brenna came on by for a play date.  The girls finished out the evening with a soak in the jacuzzi complete with bubbles galore!

Saturday was filled with MORE SLEDDING as the snow continued to fall. We set up path on the other side of the driveway and I am not sure who had more fun, the kids, or Billy and I.  Once I got my groove back (it's been years since I have been on a sled!)  I hit the old time death slide and took off down the driveway.  Yup, I still got it!  Right across the street I flew and it had just as much thrill as it did when I was a kid!  Billy even flew on down on Cam's tricycle which was even more hilarious.  I think I can still hear the kids laughing at us.. except for Cameron.  He just pretty much ed screamed the whole time.  Not such a fan of the snow! LOL  After hours of playing, sledding, shoveling, snow blowing and making snow angels, we went inside for some hot cocoa.  I ended up calling my hairdresser to see if she had any cancellations with the snow and thankfully she did.  I was in desperate need for some "me time" and my hair was in desperate need for some color.  It was an awesome afternoon and an all around awesome day.  I seriously felt like a kid again.

Yesterday was Hannah's hockey day at the P Bruins.  What a kick we get out of these events.  She gets so excited and we LOVE to watch her.  Tough to keep the two little ones entertained, but worth it to see Hannah's face while we cheered for her.  I love watching these kids skate and shoot.  I also love our hockey family.  We have some truly nice parents and families involved with NRI and I love that we have become this fun group.  Hopefully we can find some sitters in the near future and all go out and have a good time.  I forget the last time Billy and I had a social night with friends.  It's been ions.  After the games, I headed home to put Cam down for a nap and wait for my Jersey girls to stop by.  My college roommate Aimee, her twins, Skylar and Sydnee and her boyfriend Thomas were in town.  LOVE seeing them.  Seeing Aimee always brings me back to a really fun time in my life.  Our college days were so sweet and special and just seeing her face brightens my day.  I love our time even though with our hectic schedules it is usually only a short while.  Hoping to plan something with her and the girls soon! 

Then it was game time and I spent it on the couch hooting and hollering, screaming and cussing... (I can't help it!)  When the Ravens missed the field goal.. that was it.. I was up in a crazy victory dance that literally shocked the schnikies out of Hannah.  Her face was priceless!  She stood there for several minutes before she realized it was safe to join in.  Layla just laughed her pants off at me.  Just like that... The Patriots are in the Super Bowl!

Onto how my "FINDING ME" saga is going. Well it is going pretty great. At the root of it all is my issues with hating being in my own skin. The weight had to come off. Cameron is 18 months. There are no excuses anymore. SO I began, 9 days ago. This grueling, depriving, but healthy diet. It's only so grueling and depriving because of how awful my eating habits were prior to starting. It's been tough. Each day, hour and even minute has been a mind game and struggle. There is candy, chocolate, brownies, pizza.. you name it, constantly in front of my face. Yet my willpower has prevailed. Nine days later, I can honestly say that I have stuck to it and have not cheated once. I have talked myself out of these crazy cravings. (What I wouldn't do for cheesecake!) I have stayed strong, keeping my eye on the prize. A new me, who is happy and proud to be in her skin. I weigh in tonight and I am hoping for some big results. However, I feel as though after only 9 days, I already have seen some big results. Aside from things fitting better, I have a renewed sense of energy and zest for life. I can't believe how much more energy I have! The "old me" would have watched Billy out in the snow with the kids while I cooked and cleaned. The "new me" was right there with them having a blast. It's a great feeling. That I can assure you. It trickles down to everything in my life. The kids have a blast with me, Billy enjoys the fun... it's making me a better wife and a better mother and that is all I ever wanted (Aside from being happy in my skin). So there. I am actually doing it. One day at a time. I am changing my life. I think I'll leave on that positive note! Happy Monday.. how great it is to be a part of Patriots Nation!










No comments:

Post a Comment