Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Friday, July 29, 2011

Part of you will always remember...

Tonight Billy wanted to go to the movies to see The Smurf movie. Love The Smurfs! Even had a Smurf stuffed animal at one point in time! Yet I knew baby Cam would never last through the movie. (My suspicions were right when he was trying to fall asleep in the tub at 6:30!). Billy doesn't get to do these things often with the girls so we decided it would be best if he took them to the movie. Sigh... It did give me some alone time which quite frankly I had no idea what to do with. With Cam fast asleep by 6:45pm, I started channel surfing and happened to come across the movie, The Notebook. I have somehow avoided this movie for years. Recently some close friends have recommended it. I have put it off because I didn't think I could get through it but tonight, something made me press play. All I can say is that I thought I was prepared and certainly strong enough to get through it. I was wrong. I don't remember the last time I have cried...well sobbed hysterically, like I did tonight. I don't think I shall ever love a movie the way I do this one. Those of you who truly "know" me, know why.

As depressed as I am feeling at the moment, I also know that life is beautiful. You need to remind yourself of that. Take a step back and look at all the blessings that surround you. I have three gorgeous babies. I have a wonderful husband and a beautiful family. We are so close. All of us. I love the way we all look out for each other and are there for each other. Nothing will ever break that. No one could even come close to breaking that. There are always going to be bumps along the road but as they say, God only gives you what He knows you can handle. I promise, I will always remember. Sorry in advance for the "cryptic" post, but like I said before, those very few of you who truly know me know what the post is about. I promise, I will always remember and be grateful for the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment