Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Friday, August 5, 2011

Plugging on through

Well it wouldn't be a normal week in the Murphy household if we didn't have at least one of these munchkins sick!  OYE!  I could tell that Layla bug was beginning to have some breathing issues early in the week.  It surprised me because she has not had any problems since May.  Yet, I do remember as a child, that the Fall was one of the toughest times for my asthma.  August is a little soon but I put her back on the Singulair to help her get some relief.  By Wednesday night she was up coughing and gasping for breaths.  At the same time, Mr. Cam was up all night crying.  I had been riding out his restlessness thinking it could be teething, but Wednesday night I knew it had to be his ears.  When I went to get him from the crib in the middle of the night because he was screaming, I also noticed this big lump on the side of his head.  It certainly was not there when I put him down.  There was no way I wouldn't have noticed it.  Needless to say it freaked me out.  Off to the doctors we went.  Layla is definitely having asthma issues and the doctor thought she was very tight in the chest.  We upped her inhalers and are keeping our fingers crossed that we don't have to put her on steroids.  The Singulair makes her have very restless nights, but the steroids compound them by a gazillion.  We have to keep a close watch that she doesn't develop a fever and have it turn into pneumonia. 

Mr. Cam certainly has an ear infection and apparently it had been brewing for a bit.  The poor bean.  No wonder why he couldn't sleep.  This time we are skipping all the puny antibiotics and going straight to the strong stuff!  We have his ear tube surgery on the 29th but I have to move it back because low and behold, that is Layla's first day of Preschool.  Hopefully I can get something the following week so that this cannelloni can start getting relief from these pesky ears!  The lump on his head?  Spider bite.  Nasty spider!  Leave my little man alone!  I swear there is a nest somewhere in the attic.  We have always had so many darn spiders upstairs!  I am constantly killing them.  Three doses of the antibiotic and I think he is starting to feel better.  I'm also hoping they will help this nasty cough he started this morning.  He slept so much better last night which is more like the love!  I only had to get up twice with Layla, so all in all, it was a good night.  Only my kids would continue to get sick through the summer.  YES MOM AND DAD... I AM GETTING IT BACK TEN FOLD.  So when you said to me, "I hope your kids do to you, what you've done to me."  YOU FREAKING JINXED ME! LOL

Hannah seems to be the only healthy one!  She spent the first part of the week up in New Hampshire with Grammy, Auntie Le Le and her cousins.  It was the longest I spent apart from her.  I hate doing it but I also know the meatball is seven and I have to start letting go from time to time.  Plus I knew she would have a blast with her cousins.  She did just that!  From Santa's Village to swimming to pizza with her cousins, she was one content banana.  This being said, when they began their decent home Wednesday evening, she called me saying she wanted to come home instead of sleeping at her cousins.  I was quite shocked.  Turns out she is a softy and missed me as much as I missed her!  I sooo did not mind running up to Auntie's to get her at 10:30 at night.  I think I squeezed her a trillion times.  Saying that I am glad to have her home is an understatement! 

Hoping we can get everyone better for the weekend.  I think this is our last laid back weekend for the rest of the month!  We are bombarded with weddings for the next three weeks!  Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment