Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sweet baby Layla

Yes she is still my baby, even though she will soon be approaching 4 years old. While Hannah always seemed older than her age, my Layla is the opposite. She still has so many younger qualities that I sometimes forget that she is growing up so quickly. She has been quite the cuddle bug lately and I am eating her up. The other night she told me to put my head in her lap and she caressed my face. She is just the most precious thing. She has been on her best behavior and has been such a good little bean... despite the regression in potty training. She'll come out with these crazy things. I was washing dishes the other morning and she says out of the blue, "Hey GORGEOUS!" I mean, how can you not eat her up alive? She is starting to take an interest in learning... starting. We have been working on the Alphabet and Numbers and her name. She has no desire to write however. I am hoping that Preschool will help us with this. I know every child learns at their own pace so I am not really concerned. She knows her colors and can count to 14... before she will insert an eleventeen. How I have missed the "eleventeen"! Hannah did the exact same thing. She knows many of the shapes and can draw a circle so again, I am not worried. For the most part I just enjoy soaking up all the love this child brings me. It is bountiful.


Anyhow, this little munchkin has seemed to have caught a virus. In the middle of summer, the bug has 105.2 fever. The poor darling is a bit delirious and keeps saying, "I can't do this." I so hate when they are sick and it seems as though I am helpless. I am hoping the Motrin takes affect quickly and she can at least feel a bit better. She and the Chubba Luv started the virus on Sunday. The fact that she took a nap on the beach for over two hours was my first clue. When she woke, she felt warm so I packed them up and headed home. I could tell Cam was off as well and they both ended up with 102 fevers. Cam's seems to have broken, or at least he did not feel warm throughout the night. He was up several times and couldn't get back to sleep. I woke up to Layla crying and I asked Billy to put her in our bed as he was getting up for work. As soon as he put her in my arms I could tell she was burning up. I looked at the clock and it was 6:00AM. Layla does not rise before 8:00AM unless I wake her. Poor sweet baby.

I have her on the couch wrapped up in a blanket watching Scooby Doo. Her favorite. I am waiting for Chubba Luv to wake up so I can check him and see if he still has a fever. He never sleeps this late, but with being up so much during the night, I am hoping he gets all the rest he needs. Hannah is downstairs creating masterpieces with her new art supplies. Hoping to keep her safe from the germs. I have a busy day, or was supposed to. I told Mom I would pick her up and bring her over for the day and then take her to her hair appointment while I went into the office to get some work done. Hannah starts Hip Hop tonight and then I have a meeting at 7:30. In the words of Scooby... ZOINKS! I think I might be operating in Zombie Mode today, so forgive me if I babble and don't make sense! Wait... don't I do that every day?

No comments:

Post a Comment