Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Friday, June 24, 2011

Let the Summer begin!

You have no idea how HAPPY I am to have all three of my kids home with me!  Well, not HOME per say, but with me at work at least!  It is so wonderful to have my Hannah Banana here at the office with me!  I LOVE having her here and it brings back all the memories of the times the two of us once shared here at the headquarters!  Layla is overjoyed to have her big sister to play with and Cameron is enthralled with watching them both. 


These little cherubs have gotten me through these last couple of weeks which have been tough.  I thank God for them every day because I know without them, I wouldn't have survived.  I realize that even through the difficult times in my life, I can look around me and see that God is good.  He has given me these blessings.  I am forever grateful.


Mr. Cameron has taken his first few steps.  He's not quite there yet, but I assume it will be very soon I will be chasing this monkey all about.  He has showed us two more pearly white chompers making it a total of 4 so far.  I cant stress enough how GOOD he is for me.  The smiles, the giggles, the love.  I just could eat him up.  His expressions are priceless!  We have been playing with all of his birthday toys and I can surely say that it is a refreshing change to have Boy's toys in the house!  He still loves when I sing to him and I taught him how to blow kisses yesterday.  God I just love him.  I love every single second with him.


The girls are still growing like weeds.  It's hard for me to believe that Hannah is about to be 7.  SEVEN!  Seriously?  How... how does the time pass so quickly?  We are looking forward to a wonderful summer together.  A fantastic birthday party is planned for her and she is extremely excited.  As am I.  We started her summer workbooks today and I am looking forward to spending more time helping her with her grammar and math.  (Although I am sooo not good at the Math!)  She will be attending Equestrian Camp for a week this summer and I am over the moon with excitement about this.  She is just going to LOVE it.  I wish I could go to camp with her.  I am living vicariously through her!  I am also researching a place to where she can maybe take some art lessons.  She is certainly the budding artist in our house and can keep herself amused for hours drawing.  She is such a talented little girl that I know so many good things will come her way.


Miss Layla has stepped into the TERRIBLE THREE's!  Whewww she has been a bit of a handful lately.  She has amped up the whining and crying and she has become this demanding child.  She wants it and she wants it now!  Whooaaa  hoping that this phase passes quickly because it is so out of character for her.  Aside from these little episodes, she is still the love bug that I have always, and will always, adore.  My cuddle bunny who still loves her Mommy at the end of the day.  Whose Mommy loves her beyond measure.  She has grown so much these past few months.  She is so tall that people sometimes misinterpret her age.  She is still a bean pole with hardly any meat on her, but knock on wood, she has been doing well with her health.  I am praying to the Lord to give us the next 24 hours of health so that the girls can attend their dance recital germ free!  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!  So much looking forward to tomorrow since it is also Layla's first recital. 


I have made some difficult decisions in the past several weeks in order to find ways to simplify my life.  There has been a lot of stress on me lately and I am trying to find ways to make life a bit easier so that we may sit back and enjoy the memories more.  This has not been an easy decision for me.  I am the type of person who "thinks" she can do it all and do it with a smile on her face while saying everything is great.  Truth be told, I can't do it all and I have finally come to this realization.  With Billy working 12 hour days, I am left to care for the house and the children.  Moreover the bazillion other responsibilities that I have.  I can't do it all and I have had a tough time admitting that.  So I am learning to say, "No" a bit more often and decluttering our schedule so that it is not so hectic.  I am not taking everything away as I feel as though it is important for the girls to stay active in one hobby this summer so I have signed them up to dance.  Both on the same day.  I have shelved photography at the moment as well.  This was a tough decision but I know that it is only for the time being.  My family needs me and I need them.  I will go back to it, soon.  This is not to say that if someone wanted a sitting that I wouldn't do it if I could find the time.  I am just not actively looking for business at the moment.  My plate is full.  I am learning to accept this a little more each day. 


Looking forward to some lazy beach days along the way.  Cheers to the beginning of summer!!!


"WHEN WE ARE NO LONGER ABLE TO CHANGE A SITUATION, WE ARE CHALLENGED TO CHANGE OURSELVES."

No comments:

Post a Comment