Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Spring has Sprung!




The weather has been so absolutely tremendous this week! How could you not be in a good mood? The trees are blooming. The flowers are sprouting. Our tulips are flaunting their beautiful colors. Spring is here and I couldn't be more thrilled! Easter day was magnificent! We had a lovely day visiting friends and family and it was quite relaxing. The kids got a huge kick out of the "Bunny Tracks" left all over the house by Mr. Easter Bunny. (Thanks to the help of some baby powder and fingerprints!) Layla is still talking about how there are tracks all over the place!





My Hannah banana lost ANOTHER tooth yesterday. ANOTHER! She is going to be toothless soon as she has yet another wobbly one working it's way out. I can't believe how big this kid has grown! I had her education night last night at her school. I thoroughly enjoyed it and loved that I was able to experience the way she is taught in the classroom. It is so magical to see how far she has come, especially with reading. I loved socializing with her teachers and meeting new teachers that she may have in the future. Everyone was so very nice and it turned out to be a great evening. Second grade.. just around the corner.. my baby girl.... Wasn't I just holding this 5lb miracle in my arms like last week?





Layla cakes and Cameron are also doing well. The two are quite the crazy pair and Layla continues to crack us up on a daily basis. Her choice of words is just down right hysterical to no end. Cameron is the Cameron MONSTER! (In a good way) I just turned around and found him to have climbed up on Layla's desk and he was standing on top of it. HOLY COW! I am waiting for him to take that first step. I can't believe we are already at this point with him. A whole year has almost gone by. He is still my lovable little guy and loves to snuggle with his Mama.. which I am so very grateful for!



I finally went to the doctor on Saturday for the crazy sore throat I had been having. I had literally had it for three weeks and it felt like I was swallowing shreds of glass. I was too scared to get it checked, which was why I waited so long. (Knowing that my bad habit of smoking cigars with Dad probably was not the best idea) Thankfully it was just an infection and after a few days of antibiotics I feel a world better!





I just finished reading Firefly Lane, by Kristen Hannah. Great book! I pretty much bawled through the last 5 chapters.. and I mean.. bawled. To the point where I woke up and my eyes were still red and puffy. It was a great read and I highly suggest it to anyone looking for a good book. I am a huge fan of Elin Hilderbrand and Kristen Hannah is now right up there next to her.







I was able to get out and walk this week too. I love when the weather begins to turn and I can get a good evening walk in with the cool breeze blowing. I swear it makes everything feel better. Although, I do have to find a good playlist to walk to. Sometimes the sappy love songs don't keep me at a good pace! LOL I am hoping that we will be able to work out a good evening walking schedule with my McGuire girls. I did buy a pair of Sketcher Shape Ups, which up until the point when I put them on and walked, thought they were a crock.. but let me tell you... I could not get out of bed the next day! My whole body was sore. My legs, glutes, calves... everything ached as if I had done legs at the gym! So take it from me, they work. Anything to help me get in better physical shape these days!





I am looking forward to a fantastic Spring spending time with friends and family. As my girl Ana says, "I'm getting all the chores and projects done now, so we can have a summer full of grilled pizza and margaritas!" Doesn't get much better than that!





Happy Spring!




































No comments:

Post a Comment