Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Thursday, April 28, 2011

"Mommy, it says I can have this."


This is just one example of how I love the way Layla speaks and how her mind works. While watching me eat my lunch she discovers a bag of croutons. Picks it up, studies the back and says, "Mommy, it says I can have this." Spoken from a true blue severe peanut allergy kid! There are so many times when I feel terrible that she cant have certain foods. This is getting more difficult as she gets older and is more able to understand that other children can have foods that she cant. Sometimes it truly breaks my heart. Yet, then there are the times when there are yummy foods she can have and once we've checked and have given the okay, she is deliriously excited! So it is almost as if the not being able to eat certain things makes the things she can eat, that much better! (Does that make sense?)

The poor bit is out of sorts today as she was up most the night with asthma issues. Darn, we were doing so good. She is still struggling this afternoon and I am contemplating a dose of prednisone when we get home. Thinking it might be a good idea so that she can get at least a few hours of sleep tonight. Thankfully, she hasn't given me a struggle with the inhalers. Hoping to get it under control and get her back on her feet!

This was her sleeping on me last night during the Bruin's game. She had woken up with a night terror and I carried her down so I could watch the last period of the game. I don't know how she was sleeping with Billy screaming profanities at the television. He is a die hard fan and I have to allow him this "guy" time to scream his comments, however, I think there were some words in there that I have never heard before! Then of course with the Bruin's scoring in overtime, I screamed and woke the ravioli up. Poor kid. She didn't know what hit her.







Mr. Cam is also not himself today and I am almost sure it is his teeth. He's been fussy and clingy. Once I gave him some Tylenol, he seemed to settle down a bit. He is drooling and biting his hands (and mine!). He is sleeping soundly now. Looking so very sweet curled up in the pack n' play. Needless to say, he still manages to be his Happy Go Lucky self when he is eating and lately, I have had to strip him down before feeding him. He makes SUCH A MESS! LOL Food goes flying everywhere during his feedings! He is such a BOY! (A very cute one at that!)



Hannah Banana is the same ol' Hannah Banana. Full of fun and surprises and constantly giving me stress in the mornings when getting dressed! The child is me when I was thirteen. Yet she is only SIX ... and a half (I hate that half part!) I swear, every day she tries to put these outfits together that don't match in the least bit and that usually don't even make sense! LOL For the most part, I roll with it, but sometimes.. the stress gets to me. I am getting this back 10 fold as my parents always warned me I would. So here is my public apology... I'M SOOOO SORRY MOM for the way I used to try and dress. I GET IT now. I SOOOO GET IT! LOL We have been working on Hannah's math skills and trying to teach her to not use her fingers to count. The other day while we were practicing, I saw her turn from me a few times and I kept telling her not to use her fingers. Finally she turned to me and said, "Mom.. I'm not using my fingers! I'm using my toes!" (Always a step ahead of the game she is that spitfire!) "You didn't say anything about me not being able to use my toes!" Right she was.



Lately, I have been noticing the three of them bonding a lot. Granted there are times when I have to break up the screaming fights, but I feel as though now that Cameron is getting bigger there is more of a bond between the three of them. He wants to be with them at all times and the girls treat him like a little baby doll. Always watching out for him. Making sure he wont get hurt. Hannah and Layla too, are bonding much more. Layla is constantly making Hannah laugh with her silliness. I LOVE to watch this! It's always those deep down belly laughs... warms my heart. I also see them cuddling in bed at night and THAT just melts me! I don't care what anyone says. I love the fact that they share a room. They will remember all the memories that came along with sharing a room, well into their thirties at least. I am fortunate enough to remember all the great memories with Julie and I when we shared a room. I even remember my mother saying, "I'm losing my patience!" when we would giggle too much at night. Which would send us more into a roaring fit because then we would tease.. "Yes, Mom.. we see your patients walking right down the hallway." Memories... oh how I love memories! :)








I took this picture the other morning. Neither one of them even knew I took it but I couldn't even handle the sweetness of this moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment