Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Survived

Well we survived our first 3 days back at school and back at work. Hannah transitioned exceptionally well, as I knew she would. This is not to say that I am not a little concerned (again) with a few safety issues at her school and I plan to meet with the principal next week to discuss them further. I know the school has had a lot of administrative replacement and movement, but I still dont see why they cant come up with the proper organizational skills as to make the first few days a bit easier on the kids as well as the parents. Some of it is pure common sense. Hannah does like her teacher and she seems very enthusiastic about learning more skills and participating in 1st grade. She is happy to be back amongst all of her girlfriends as well.

As far as work is concerned, I had an exceptionally hard time adjusting back. I find it very difficult for reasons I am not able to explain here. It was really tough on me however, the babies seemed to do quite well. Layla seems happy to be back in our work schedule and Cameron adjusted remarkably also. He has gone down in the pack n play for naps and loves the portable swing as well. Yes, it can be a bit tough to multitask with the two of them, but I can assure you that this is not the most difficult task of my job. I am sure a few more days of playing "catch up" will help me feel better about the situation but it sure as hell is not going to stop me from playing the lottery in hopes to someday be a stay at home mom!

Still on track at the gym, however the weight coming off has completely slowed down which can be quite frustrating. I am working so hard.. I want it off! I want it off now! It has been tough to go this week amongst all the chaos of returning back to work and Hannah being back in school. I am exhausted come 8:00pm but I have pushed on and kept going. PLEASE... weight.. come off! PLEASE!

We had a great night last night as the girls had their girlfriends Makenzie and Mia over for the Camp Rock Final Jam movie. They were adorable and seemed to have a great time. Yet, I am not so sure how much of the movie they actually watched since they seemed to have had more fun playing and dancing about. Thankfully, Hurricane Earl didnt seem to measure up as they had originally thought and although I haven't heard the official word yet from my Dad, 1W3 seems to be standing strong in it's place. I would have been completely devastated had the surf swept this cottage away on us. Thank you Lord for sparing our little piece of heaven!

Following are some pictures of Hannah's 1st day and our visit with my girlfriend Sara who had her precious baby Aria a mere 2 weeks after I had Cameron. Aria is a beautiful little baby girl and I was so happy to have spent some time with Sara! Hoping to get to NYC this Christmas to visit again with her!

















No comments:

Post a Comment