Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Monday, September 27, 2010







It was a long week. It was a tough week. It was an extremely emotional week. Yet, we did pull through and at the very end of the week, stood my baby boy's Baptism. How very happy I was to have a celebration to look forward to after a week filled with sadness and many tears. The day could not have been more perfect! The weather was absolutely gorgeous and somehow by the grace of God I had planned everything just right so that there was no stress and no rushing around. The Lord was definitely present!

Auntie Jill and Uncle Dave had come over early enough so Jill could dress baby Cameron. It is the Italian tradition to have the Godmother dress the baby into his Baptismal attire. This attire was bought by the Godparents and it was just so perfect for Cameron. It's golden ivory tone was exactly what I had wanted. We were able to get some pictures out on the deck as well with plenty of time to spare!

Cameron looked dashing in this Baptism attire and he was so very good in Church! He is just the sweetest little boy! Father Najim performed the hat trick as he had Baptized the girls as well. Just this time the venue was different as we are now parishioners of St. Augustine's. The whole ceremony was beautiful and personal being that it was private. The girls looked gorgeous in their fancy dresses and I was just so happy to be celebrating this day with the family. After the week that had passed, I made sure to say an extra prayer of thanks that I still had so many loving family members surrounding us. What a truly remarkable day as my baby Cameron entered into his Catholic faith!

The reception was FANTASTIC! I absolutely adore Via Roma and all of it's Italian ambiance! It was exactly how I had imagined it. The cake was GORGEOUS and tasted simply delicious as it was from Scialo Brothers Bakery up on Federal Hill as well. I will most certainly be ordering from them again! The photographs that I had taken of Cameron were the perfect centerpieces along with the hydrangeas I had dried from our yard. Mom Murphy had whipped up some scrumptious chocolate covered Oreo cookie favors and they were so yummy as well. (Rumor has it that Miss Julie was devouring them when the guests weren't looking!) HA! It all goes to that new niece or nephew I will be having in less than two months! The food was phenomenal and everyone remarked about it. The ambiance.. well it was just perfect. A family celebration set to Sinatra and Bennet, who could ask for anything more? I can't thank our parents and Jill & dave enough for helping to make this such a spectacular day!

I am surely saying my prayers this week. Last week is gone but I am still keeping Helen and her family in these prayers as well as Peter, Tammi & Brenna. I wish there were something more I could do, but I will certainly keep the prayers coming.

Onward to planning a 3rd Birthday Party for Miss Layla Cakes!













No comments:

Post a Comment