Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Summer 2010













Oh my gosh! Where has the time gone this summer? We have been so busy that I can barely find 5 minutes to sit and type updates! Yet, this is exactly how I wanted it to be! A fun filled crazy happy summer! I can say I fulfilled that desire for sure.

The girls are doing real well and enjoying our gallivants to New Hampshire, Matunuck, blueberry picking, Newport etc..etc.., I still cant believe that in a mere 3 weeks Hannah will be a first grader! AH.. I am tucking that thought away until I am strong enough to deal with it. She is growing like a weed and aside from her occasional bouts with freshiness, she is having a great summer. My darling Layla.. oh my Layla.. she has truly comprised the role of the "family klutz" this summer. I tell ya that the poor little thing has fallen too many times to count and Tuesday was the worst by far when she went down 14 hardwood stairs and crashed onto the tile floor. I knew it was going to happen, I knew it. I drill her 80 million times a day to be careful on the stairs, dont play around and pay attention. She had snuck up a pair of plastic play shoes and I heard her clonking in them while I was showering, but for sure I thought she would never attempt the stairs in them. WRONG! I ran to her just as she slid down the first step and I literally saw her forward roll down the rest. HORRIBLE! Thankfully Billy was home and he ran to her as I screamed to him. She came up a bloody mess but thankfully she was easily soothed and she didnt cry for too long. We were able to stop the bleeding and realized that it was her nose that took the brunt of it. After a trip to the doctor and some x-rays, we deemed it not broken and she is healing well. In all honesty, I thought it was going to be so much worse. The way she fell and how she hit, UGH.. I keep getting the vision. Yet, I am thankful that she walked away with only minor injuries!

My sweet Chubba Luv has been doing wonderfully as well. He is SUCH a sweet little baby! I can't even handle it. Half the time I am unaware that he is even there. He loves to sleep and when he is awake, he is smiling.. all the time. He loves to talk to me and coo and laugh. I could just eat him up forever. He too, is growing like a weed and I cant believe that we have already past the 2 month mark! He loves his baths and kicks like an Olympic swimmer as soon as I put him in his baby tub. He goes down for me in the bassinet without a problem at night and will sleep sometimes for 5 hours straight! I couldn't ask for anything more! I do know that the time is nearing for me to switch him to the crib and I am surely dreading that. I love having him right there beside me and it is so much easier when you are nursing. At the same time, I want him to continue his good sleep habits and I know the crib is probably best to do that with.

Last but not least, I have committed myself to this losing weight battle. I intend to win it by all means necessary! I started last week with a trainer at the gym and slowly but surely it is coming off. I have been working so very hard! The only time I have to exercise is after 8:00pm at night. This can be tough as this is the time of night that I usually just want to crash on the couch. Yet, I have mustered up the will power to go to the gym every night at this time. It is the ONLY way I can do this and I am as determined as ever to plug on through until I am where I want to be. After almost 2 weeks, I can see and feel a difference already. The weight is slowly coming off. I am trying to have patience with the fact that it is a slow process. It is difficult since I am really really working so very hard at it. The diet too has been crucial. From eating whatever I wanted to 6 small meals of vegetables and protein around a family who is constantly eating cookies and cheese and pizza and fries.. yet I have stayed strong. I will do this.. I know I can!

Off to go see Toy Story 3 and then have Mom & Dad for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment