Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Case of the Sickies!

It looks like all of our good times have caught up with us and the Murphy clan has been stuck in the house since last Friday! I woke up Friday morning feeling fine but around 3pm I started feeling funky. We had spent the gorgeous day in Newport walking around and even finding a Farmer's Market! We bought some tomatoes and some all natural olive oil cream for Cam's skin. When we got home, I fell asleep on the chair and woke up knowing I had a fever as my skin was on fire but I was shivering with chills. Sure enough, this Mama had caught a virus. A yucky summer virus that contained a high fever, chills, aches and a nasty sore throat. It wasnt long before the banana got it and she ended up with 105.2 fever on Sunday evening. Then the two little ones followed suit and so we have been stuck inside during all this gorgeous weather this week! I think Cameron is on the mend and his fever is now only low grade, but it is lingering a bit in Miss Layla. We had plans to be in Mystic today with Ant Denise and the kids but unfortunately we had to reschedule. Hoping to get the visit in before school starts as I would love to see those little darlings.

We did get a trip to the American Girl Doll Store in on Sunday before Hannah's fever spiked. Auntie Jill had made these reservations at the Bistro for Hannah for her birthday a few months ago. We surprised Hannah and she was so excited once she found out what her special treat was all about. Auntie Jill and Uncle Dave were so generous to the girls and to us and the lunch was phenomenal! The entire day was adorable with the little chairs for the dolls complete with teacups and saucers. The girls had a blast and Cam was an angel. Alexis even got her hair done at the AG Doll Salon and the day was made complete with some new matching pj's for both Hannah and Alexis. Layla LOOKED like a little doll walking around the place with the American Girl Doll bag on her shoulder. She had purchased a new Fall outfit for her Bitty Baby, Emily. (Yes, my girls named these dolls on their own). I was glad we were able to fit this in with everyone being sick! Hoping we didnt pass our germs on to anyone!

The rest of the week has just been a lot of resting. Which, isnt such a bad thing since I swear no matter how many hours I sleep, I still cant catch up and I feel so tired lately. I did manage to get a few shots of Cameron yesterday in between his naps. Poor little buddy had such a fever and still he smiled at me and the camera. He is just such a lovey and even when he is fussy from feeling yucky, I could still just eat him up! I snapped a great one of his tiny toes which I decided to use for his Baptism invitation. Hoping to get to the studio sometime in the next week or so to get some really nice ones of all the kids and some to display at his Baptism Celebration.

I did cancel my gym appointment last Friday with my trainer since I could hardly walk never mind lift weights. But I kept this week's and have battled through. I am getting stronger by the day. I am quite proud of myself and my accomplishments thus far. This is my 3rd week in and I am down 8+ pounds. I have gone faithfully with the exception of last Friday and I have pushed through when I thought I couldnt do any more. I know I have to do this for myself. I know that the payoff will feel great. I have been there before and I can do it again. I just have to stay focused and determined and I am praying that as the months go by, I will feel more and more comfortable in my skin.
























No comments:

Post a Comment