Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Family of FIVE!

"Nine months of waiting and wondering and now,
here he is... more perfect than we could have imagined,
more loved than he'll ever know."










Baby Number #3 has FINALLY arrived! This is the first moment I have had to post but I can not even believe that I am a mother to a beautiful baby BOY! Cameron John Murphy arrived in the wee hours of Thursday, June 10th at 3:54AM weighing in at 8lbs 2 oz and measuring 20 1/2 inches long. He is absolutely gorgeous from head to toe and big sisters are THRILLED that he is here! (As is Mommy and Daddy)

I started having a lot of pain starting on Monday. It wasn't contractions but just pain and it felt like someone was stabbing me with a knife in my bladder. When I went for my appointment on Wednesday, I was 4cm and 75% effaced which I was surprised to hear since my body had never gotten that far on it's own with the girls. By Wednesday night the bladder pain had gotten worse and I was having contractions all over the place, but nothing time table. I couldn't walk it hurt so bad and I finally decided to call the Dr. after much persuasion from my sister and father. The Dr. on call told me to come into Labor & Delivery. We headed on down after my parents came to stay with the girls and were admitted to the ER immediately at around 8:30PM. I was checked and apparently was still only 4cm and 75% so they decided to watch me for an hour. By the time that hour was up, I was contracting every 2 to 3 minutes and it was beginning to hurt. Yet, I was still "only" 4cm so the resident said that they were going to send me home with some Ambien so I can sleep. UM WHAT? I didn't understand! She told me I could come back when my body got to about a 6 or so. My response, "How on EARTH do I KNOW when that happens???" Moreover, I am contracting every 2 to 3 minutes, would you like me to return when I have had the baby? Seriously, don't mess with a crazy woman in labor! HAHAHAHA SO after some tears and a bit of whining, the resident pulled some strings and got me admitted.

Once we got upstairs it all went like clockwork (like I knew it would)! Pitocin was administered at midnight and I received the epi around 1:30 or so. Once that kicked in, and boy did it kick in, I knew it wouldn't be long. I was feeling no pain and listening to my Harry Connick, Jr when I realized the time had arrived at around 3:30 AM. My Dr. came in and said that I was fully dilated and it was time to go. Speaking of which, this was when my husband excused himself to go to the bathroom. YES he DID. The nurse was speechless and asked if we should wait or not! LOL. I told her yes, he would be back. Only Billy. From there, Cameron came out much like my girls, with four contractions and in about 10 minutes! Hearing the doctor announce that he was a BOY was surely surreal! The whole experience was completely magical as it had been with my girls. It took us a bit to decide on a name but in the end, we knew that Cameron would fit him perfectly. Taking a little inspiration from "Cam Neely" and having us be all hockey fans and such and it was what Billy wanted so how could I say no?

I still can't believe he is here safe and sound and that we are now a family of five! How very blessed we are! The girls are completely smitten with him and havent left his side for a moment! Thank you all for your well wishes and thank you Lord for sending us this beautiful gift from above!

Now.. on to figureing out a new name for the blog!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment