Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Friday, January 25, 2013

sickies and NRI Vikings

The sickie family somehow managed to head out to Falmouth last weekend for Hannah's hockey tourney.  I originally was going to stay home and meet Billy and Hannah out there with the little ones on Saturday, but I somehow managed to get my act together and tough it out to go on Friday even though I was feeling terrible.  The second we stepped into the hotel, I was glad I had decided to go.  If there is one thing I truly love about hockey, it is the family you create while being in the rinks.  I love Hannah's team and their families.  Everyone is so nice and you spend five minutes with them and feel as though you have known them for a lifetime.  They are so supportive and just plain old fun to be around.  We settled in and the kids had a blast playing knee hockey in the hallway.  The only down side to these excursions is that it is tough on Cam.  He has not been doing well at bed time all of a sudden.  He went from my perfect sleeper to a complete disaster.  Not wanting to go down, waking up in the middle of the night.  It was exhausting trying to get him to sleep in the hotel.  On the plus side though, the team won their very first game all season.  When I tell you it was awesome... awesome is an understatement.  These poor kids have tried so hard all season and have just somehow become the underdogs.  They have more heart and they are all really good kids.  To see them win this game was so gratifying.  All the parents were crying with our broken blood vesselled hands (from pounding on the glass).  So proud and so glad I was able to witness it.  I was also able to witness my girl score a goal as well.  Now that was something!  Congrats to the team on a well deserved win.

All week I have been trying to get the kids back into a routine.  Both Hannah and Cam were still not feeling well on Monday.  Cam had broken out in hives over the weekend from what I thought was because of the antibiotic he was on for an ear infection he had before coming down with the flu.  Turns out it was actually from the flu virus itself.  They are seeing the younger kids finish with this hive thing.  Hannah just ended up with a really crappy case of the flu and it was just taking her longer to get over it.  Layla was fine on Monday but then the past two nights we've been up with her and her asthma.  She woke up this morning with a 101 fever so we are heading back to the Pediatrician to be sure her O2 level is ok.  It was about this time last year she ended up in the ICU with and O2 level of 82 and I do not want a repeat of that.  So just to be sure we are heading in to have her checked.  In the meantime, I'd like to sleep for an entire week! LOL  I seriously dont remember the last time I have slept for more than 2 or 3 hours a night.

UPDATE:  Thankfully Layla's pulsox is 98 however, she is very wheezy so they are starting her on prednisone.  Joy.  I wish I could get these kids healthy.  I think I am going to have to dust off my Deceptively Delicious cookbook this weekend and start pureeing.  They have been battling me about what they want to eat and I just have to find a way to get these good nutrients into them. 

Onto the weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment