Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Thursday, January 17, 2013

sick, sick, sick, sick..nook

I knew it was only a matter of time before the flu visited our house.  Despite my desperate attempts to keep the germs out and despite the flu shot, Hannah started with the high fever on Friday evening.  The poor bug got it pretty good.  I have to say it has been quite some time since she has been sick besides having ear infections.  I guess she got that all out of her system when she was a baby!  Layla started Saturday night and then Cam started Monday.  Tuesday, Billy came home with bronchitis.  I am currently ignoring the fact that my own chest is on fire as I am determined to beat these germs.  There is no time for me to get sick so it's herbal teas, lots of veggies, vitamins and honey for me.  Needless to say, I have been waiting hand and foot on the kids, working at night to catch up on the work I've missed and trying to get some sleep which has proved to be a daunting task with the kids not being able to sleep through the night.  Hannah is finally back at school although I still don't think she is 100%.  Layla's fever finally broke, yet she is having asthma issues now and Mr. Cam.. still has that nagging fever.  Today I am airing out the house, bleaching the bugger down and washing every surface with sanitizer.  Germs be gone!  Please?

I did manage to finish my "nook" over the weekend.  I am in love with the way it came out.  It is surely my happy place. 

The completed version looks like this:


The words for the wall came in yesterday,  "Tutta Bella" means Everything is Beautiful in Italian.  I've always loved the way it sounds...

The shutters I bought from Etsy for a steal.  They were black.  I removed the hardware, sanded them down, painted them white and then this pretty color blue.  I love the color!


This idea with the Mason Jars came to me when all I could think about were fireflies in a jar.  So I bought the jars, the moss and 2 sets of LED string lights and voila!  And who doesn't just love Lavender?

The drawer pull I also got off of Etsy.  I wanted something to offset the weathered wood look I created with the originally unfinished desk.

Last is my chair that I bought for $30 at a local country store.  It's exactly what I had pictured and completes the Shabby Country look.


So there you have my Nook.  I was also able to take some pictures of Cam this week prior to him starting with the flu.  He is a trip.  A total handful, but a trip... and might I add, a good sport.  My little partner in crime.





Hopefully I can pick the camera back up over the next couple of weeks as the kids get on the mend and things start to calm down a bit.  Til then....

No comments:

Post a Comment