Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Monday, November 28, 2011

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas....



I think I have just come out of my Turkey Day induced coma! We had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend with much celebration. From Hannah the Thanksgiving Indian at Mass, to our first Thanksgiving dinner in Auntie Leanne's new home, to a Happy First Birthday Celebration to Miss Stella and then finishing out with my mother in law's, Surprise 60th. It was a whirlwind of fun and everyone truly enjoyed themselves.  It's weekends like this when you truly have to stop and take a moment to realize how blessed we really are and how fortunate we are to have the family that we do.  I am so lucky to have such an unprecedented closeness with my family and Billy's family as well.  There is so much love it could melt the darn icebergs in Alaska!


Also on deck is jumping right into the holiday spirit.  Even Billy, who despises any and all holidays has jumped on board.  (He is the real life Grinch when it comes to holidays).  We've dug out the Christmas decorations and I am happy to say that the entire inside of the house has been adorned.  We even went and cut down our Christmas tree yesterday!  (Check mark next to the box that says get things done early!)  It was surreal to hang the stockings in the same place as I use to as a child.  It was so very special and so perfect in so many different ways.  Everything about the house feels right.  I am still so comforted by the sounds and creeks it makes and can still envision my mother and father occupying different portions of the house.  For instance, every time the stairs creek, I think of Dad and sometimes turn my head and expect to see him walking up the stairs.  When I cook on the stove and the smell of garlic takes over the upstairs, I can still see Mom, in her apron cooking away.  When I walk into the mudroom, there is still this extremely distinct smell that I don't think will ever go away.  Mandy.  I still smell her.  She use to sleep in the mudroom at night.  I can still see her, smell her.  I almost feel like I'm in the Scrooge movie revisiting my past and realizing how wonderful my life is and was.  I know that there are bumps in the road.  I know that my family is faced with a situation that has been extremely difficult to maneuver though.  Yet, we are still so blessed.  So lucky to lead the lives that we do.  I am forever grateful. 


Next in line is getting the Christmas lights on the trees outside.  TREES!  YES!  This year we will have TREES to decorate!  We had none at the old house.  Watch out Chevy Chase!  I so want that light up MOOSE!  Then it's on to setting the Christmas menu, baking the Christmas cookies and then SHOPPING!  I only have one gift bought!  YIKES!  I am so not stressed about it this year though.  We are toning it down quite a bit.  I want the girls especially to learn the true meaning of Christmas.  I want them to understand that it is about giving and not receiving.  About loving and being together and being grateful for all that we have.  I'm going to have to pull a few tricks out of my sleeve but I am determined to teach them right! 


So let the good times roll.  Let the merriness begin.  Let the Christmas lights shine bright on you and yours.  And if you are still having trouble getting into the spirit, then I strongly advise you to purchase Michael Buble's Christmas album.  Aye Ca rumba I die for it.  (FYI - Cold December Night is my favorite!)



Layla standing posing near our tree!

Cameron quite inquisitive about the snoring Santa...

My Thanksgiving turkey

My girls!!!

Looking so pretty!


Banana in the 9:00AM Thankgiving Mass celebration with Makenzie and Mia


My early Christmas present ..   :)

I LOVE THESE MONKEYS!


The stockings were hung by the chimney with care...


Our first tree in the new/old home!

No comments:

Post a Comment