Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Monday, November 21, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Sometimes good things do happen to good people.  It's been a whirlwind of craziness the past several weeks, leaving me little time to update.  However, it is all good craziness.  I'll take that any day over boring and mundane! We are mostly settled in our "New Chateau" as I like to call it.  Even though this chateau is a very familiar one to me.  The first few days were a bit odd, but I can honestly say now that I feel like I never left.  It is a feeling of comfort and security.  It's home.  It's the House That Built Me.  I can't even put into words how much this means to me and I know Billy understands.  Ultimately, it was his decision.  I would not have had it any other way.  We are both in love with this home.  We are both forever grateful for the life changing opportunity this move gave us all.  Fingers crossed that our "old" home will find some lovely new owners and fit the last piece of this puzzle. 

I took the babies for a walk yesterday up the road.  It was crazy to be doing this with them.  Surreal almost.  Trekking the same path that I once did as a child.  I explained to them how much I loved the street and how peaceful it always was and still is.  Cameron had a blast and walked much of the way.  We met some new faces along the way and everyone was so friendly.  It just felt right.  It just felt like .. well like HOME.  I came back and put Cam down for a nap and went back up the road with Miss Hannah who wanted to get a bike ride in.  We happened to run into three boys at the end of the street whom we found out were close in age to Hannah.  She was thrilled, although mortified that I was asking all of these boys questions.  LOL  However, through this questioning, we also found out that one of the boys on Hannah's hockey team also lives on the street.  That was all she needed to hear.  She was happy.  Possibly excited about switching schools.  (My only worry in this whole decision!)

Most of what we wanted to do before the holidays is done.  Cameron's room came out more beautiful than I even expected.  In it's neutral, brown and cream tones, with a love note from Mommy on the wall.  Coincidentally, Billy was a tad upset that his name wasn't mentioned in this love note.  I told him I promised to look for one that said, "Let's play ball" or "Pass me the puck:" - Love Daddy.  He seemed happy with that response! 


The girls have their almost complete Paris Boutique styled room.  All Hannah's idea since she is fascinated with Paris.  Billy just hung the chandelier Friday which was one of the last touches to the room that I had been waiting for.  I love how it looks and the chandelier ties the room together.  Santa will be bringing them new curtains and a rug and it should complete the look!  They also got a love note from Mommy on their wall.. wink wink.



I even painted a few more rooms in the house which helped to bring our style into it.  I have been quite the busy bee which is reason for my now panic stricken state realizing that there are only two more days to finish some birthday shopping and prepare for turkey day!  How quickly these holidays always sneak up on me!  Instead of saying I'm going to have all my shopping done by blah blah blah a date so I can enjoy the holiday, I decided I'm just going to enjoy the season and try not to stress myself out too much.  I have so much to be thankful for and I am going to revel in that.  I have three beautiful children whom I adore more than anything in this world.  I have a wonderful husband whom I am about to embark on a new adventure with in a new home and I have a wonderful extended family on both sides who mean the world to me.  Life is good.  Exhale. 

No comments:

Post a Comment