Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Monday, August 15, 2011

Winding down the summer... (sniff sniff)



Well it's safe to say that we had a fun filled weekend!  I am extremely glad because I know as we enter these next few weeks, our schedule is jam packed and I am having a bit of anxiety about it.  However, I will plug on forward and try and take a few breaths in between to enjoy the beauty that surrounds me.  There was surely plenty of beauty in our weekend.  Friday after I finished work, I headed home to pick up the troops and head down the beach for dinner.  It was hands down a PERFECT evening to spend down RCB.  The weather was gorgeous and the kids enjoyed running around the beach.  These are my favorite evenings!  We ordered some clam cakes and chowda (chowder... RI style)  and enjoyed a wonderful dinner on the deck overlooking the ocean.  We had the gorgeous company of Julie and the girls.  It was time well spent and I am SO glad I had grabbed my camera.  We all went on the beach and I was able to get some great shots of the kids in all their glory.  While down on the beach I met this little girl named, Amelia.  I was stricken by her beauty and she had that familiar look about her.  She was such a sweet, beautiful, well mannered 5 year old.  I snapped a few shots of Hannah, Brenna and Amelia only to find out afterwards that this little girl's mother had just passed away a few days earlier.  My heart breaks for this family and yet I have only just met Amelia.  I pray that they find the strength to get through this most difficult time.  Please keep them close to your heart and in your prayers.  I know that her beautiful Mama will be guiding her family through from the heavens above.  http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/providence/obituary.aspx?n=cheryl-ann-martin&pid=153027504




Saturday, Billy and I had his cousin's wedding.  After shuffling off the kids to sitters, we headed to Fall River to a place called Independence Hall.  Was it ever beautiful!  The grounds and the Black Eye Susan's were just phenomenal!  My mother in law got some great family shots and I hope to get a copy to display in the house.  After checking in with Hannah who was down the beach with Papa, we found out that she received third place in the annual RCB field day race.  Apparently she was not too happy about 3rd place, but I was SO very proud of her!  Poor kids always wants to be the best at everything.  She is such a perfectionist!  After the wedding, we headed home to scoop up the other two beans and we met Billy's family over at Abbot Valley Run Tennis & Pool Club.  Um... LOVED IT!  The kids and I swam in the pool all evening.  I seriously think it was close to 9:00PM by the time we got out... complete with shriveled fingers!  LOL  Billy and the boys enjoyed some beers and a RIB contest.  I don't know how there was any food left after Billy hit the tables.  The man can eat.  It was the perfect ending to the perfect day.

Yesterday we went out for breakfast before we said farewell to Jill and Dave who were heading back to Long Island.  Got to catch up with my Ana Banana for a few minutes, who was also at Avenue Grill.  We met Papa and Nonnie in the parking lot and got my Meatball back!  She wasn't too happy to be back but after an hour or so, she snapped out of it.  We spent the rest of the day just being LAZY!  That's what I love best about rainy days.  You get to be lazy without feeling guilty about missing out on a beautiful day.  It was a day full of cuddles and kisses and I loved every second of it.  Now it's time to gear up for the craziness ahead...

















No comments:

Post a Comment